Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam street lower

Options
  • 27-04-2007 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

hi can someone tell me how I would get to fitzwilliams street from Maynooth? Is it near any train station or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hi can someone tell me how I would get to fitzwilliams street from Maynooth? Is it near any train station or anything?
    It's about 5 minutes walk south from Pearse Station. It's near Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Hey,

You can get the maynooth line train to pearse station and then its about a 10 minute walk following this route:

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭ALS

sorry

ALS wrote:
    Train to Hueston and 92 bus to Stephens Green only a 7 - 8 min walk to Fitz St. from there

Maynooth train doesn't go to heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pearse Station is probably the closest DART station. Turn left out of the station and head to Merrion Sq. Walk to the diagonally opposite corner of Merrion Sq. and you're there.

• Advertisement

Sorry the route didnt come up on the link. If you enter pearse station and fitzwilliam street on the page that comes up it'll show you the way.

Maynooth train doesn't go to heuston

Yep. Maynooth train arrives in Connolly Station where the OP will need to change to the DART.

crosstownk wrote:
    Yep. Maynooth train arrives in Connolly Station where the OP will need to change to the DART.

most of the maynooth trains continue on to pearse.

most of the maynooth trains continue on to pearse.

Even better! TBH, I didn't know that. It's been a while since I used the Maynooth service - a long while :)

I used it twice a day 5 days a week for 4 years so unfortunately its all to fresh in my mind!! finally moved to avoid it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fantastic stuff thanks people, I am but an innocent country boy who doesn't know much of the big city. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note Fitzwilliam Street Lower extends from Merrion Square to Baggot Street only, beyond Bagoot Street it is Fitzwilliam Street Upper, then Fitzwillaim Square, then Fitzwilliam Place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You'll know you're there when you see (in the midst of Georgian splendour) a hideous office block owned by the ESB. Of course there was Georgian splendour there beforehand too, but someone thought what they replaced it with was better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16093955@N00/443976054/
    Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Found it lads, thanks. Funny thing about the ESB building is that they own (in part at least) the Georgian house on the corner which has been restored as a museum. We went on a field trip. Exciting stuff to be sure.

Advertisement