Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW's current booking

• 27-04-2007 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I saw on another thread there that Valid Reasoning was criticising the current booking on Smackdown. That prompted me to think of how, in the last 2 - 3 months at least, how good the booking has been on RAW. To be honest, I havent been this satisfied by what WWE are doing in a long time. Theres been a couple of instances when I said to myself 'whoa, i didnt see that coming at all'. Remember when HBK & Cena had to defend their tag team gold in a 10 team battle royal only when they won to be told that they had to defend them again in another 10 team battle royal. Fantastic booking! I also thought that the way in which Santino Marella was brought into WWE was handled exceptionally well. Very enjoyable viewing I must say.
    I might be on my own here but I just thought I'd see what the rest of y'all think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think everything on RAW has been 10 out of 10 but I think its generally been good for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I actually thing the quality of RAW has declined in the last six months, it's not that there's anything particularly bad about it but there hasn't been anything particularly great about it. Cena and Michaels has been a great buildup up to Mania, but it's showing that RAW is missing HHH quite badly, people (including myself) have bitched in the past that he has been on top for too long, and maybe even overexposed in one point. But the fact of the matter is, RAW isn't the same without him.

Edge and Orton have been dragged out for too long. I was never a fan of Rated RKO in the first place and the two partners who dont like each other has been done to death.

But it will pick up again, it always does. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I actually stay in Thursdays now to watch it and with college ending for the summer, I'll prob be checking it out live for most of the summer. RAW has been great the last couple of months. The booking has been simple and effective and like Dickmcsavage said, its surprised me a few times.

I like where things are going with Backlash. I think a title switch is needed. Ever since Surviver Series (with the exception of D2D), WWE as a whole has been ok. RAW especially with an honorable mention going to ECW.

Lets hope WWE can keep it up and not drop the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow some of you people are hard to please. They just gave you a damn near five star match on the last show.

Since the Trump/Rosie fiasco I think Raw has been very good. They've had some bad ones but overall it's been way better than it was this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Raw's had decent booking this year. Some good shows, a few bad, a couple of great ones. Overall much better than last year. All that DX stuff last year just turned me off, along with Cena for a good bit of it. He's matured a bit, less gay jokes, I don't mind seeing him now

• Advertisement

Wow some of you people are hard to please. They just gave you a damn near five star match on the last show.

One stellar performance does not make up for six months of utter crap though.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The last 6 months was not utter crap though! In fact, it's been some of the best stuff to come out of WWE since pre-InVasion. It has certainly been the most consistent 6 months sine then. If you don't like it, just watch something better like...oh wait, there is nothing better. Whoops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

One stellar performance does not make up for six months of utter crap though.
    VR!

From the sounds of it you kept watching so it can't have been that bad. ;)

From the sounds of it you kept watching so it can't have been that bad. ;)

I've watched a lot of bad stuff mate, I survived the entire run of 1995 as it happened, i've seen the XWF, and i'm still sifting through that wrestlecrap compilation.

Being a wrestling fan, especially with the likes of Japan, Mexico and the Indies, it's a lot like being a music fan. You have your favourites, but you don't walk the second a bad album comes out, you stick around, you'll go to the shows for the live classics and wait to see what the next album will bring.

Think about it, if i'd stopped watching in 95 because of the **** that WWE producing, think of what i would have missed? The Attitude era, The first brand extension, Mania 17 (best PPV of all time), Eddie, Jericho and Benoit becoming main eventers. ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think in a couple of years time people could easily be saying "Do you remeber in early 2007 when Raw was good?"

I'm not saying its 2000 "must see" tv but its been pretty good for a while for me.

• Advertisement

It does happen. I remember 2002 being really bad after the summer, but looking at it over the last year, SD really shone over RAW that year. Even when Orton was injured, those RNN skits were great where he'd tell everyone each week that his shoulder was 94% better and that he'd check with em next week! Also the Guerreros, Edge and Mysterio and Angle and Benoit were really revamping the tag scene towards the end of the year. While RAW was dragging out HHH v HBK and giving us Katie Vick.

At the time, i hated it all, now i've come to appreciate it nearly 5 years on.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:
    Raw's had decent booking this year. Some good shows, a few bad, a couple of great ones. Overall much better than last year. All that DX stuff last year just turned me off, along with Cena for a good bit of it. He's matured a bit, less gay jokes, I don't mind seeing him now
    as a huge HHH fan i have to agree with you, the DX skits were putting me to sleep, and cena was really getting under my wick

SOME of the DX stuff wasn't too bad, the cock/chicken jokes got annoying alright but in fairness, who didn't fall off their chair laughing during Cyber Sunday when Shawn asks Stan for his name and then just superkicks him along with everyone else afterwards.

Ripping Masters out of it when he said he was writing a book on nutrition was quite funny too :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

For me, the best DX skit was of Vince and Shane. HBK doing Shane's shuffle was hilarious.
    Wasn't there a skit where HHH was away cos Stephanie had just given birth? HBK put up a picture of what the baby would look like and it was a picture of HHH's head on a babys body.

The rest of the skits were cringeworthy.

Vince was gone to the hospital and HHH and HBK took the piss out of it. So HHH's head was on the baby and they both said that was a damn good lookin' baby!.

Almost forgotten about that one :)
    VR!

Advertisement