Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Msn Messenger On Meteor

• 27-04-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to connect my k750i through meteor, so that I will be able to get IM through my phone? I have a friend who is on 3, and was saying that he could do it for free. I don't fancy moving to 3 because I like meteor too much. So is there anyway at all of doing this, for free?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm sure you can do it but not for free by a long way. 3 has much better data packages than meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

i'm sure you can do it but not for free by a long way. 3 has much better data packages than meteor

How would I go about seeting it up, do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

What is 3's GPRS charges like? Im thinking of VoipBuster and AFT and Three could provide a very good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 don't have GPRS charges it's free to browse. On Planet 3 you only pay for copy right material such as Father Ted, The Office or tracks on their music store.:cool:

Walkman wrote:
    3 don't have GPRS charges it's free to browse. On Planet 3 you only pay for copy right material such as Father Ted, The Office or tracks on their music store.:cool:

Okay that is interesting. I am wondering now, is it worth while haveing two phones. Because I don't fancy forkin out a shed load of money just to be on msn. Its a pity that you can't have two networks on the one sim and just switch between them at your own choice, now that would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

MSN is free on 3. You could always pick up a Sony Ericsson K610i from 3 for €99 to give them a try, than port over your number from Meteor if you like their network.

MSN is free on 3. You could always pick up a Sony Ericsson K610i from 3 for €99 to give them a try, than port over your number from Meteor if you like their network.

Iwas thinking of it, but I don't think it would be worth it just so I can use it on messenger, plus at the moment meteor is much better value for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ are you sure meteor have such a better package? theres a lot more to three than free msn...
    check out some prices
    i find callcosts.ie fairly handy and my bill package with 3 always comes up first when I put in my usage

I find callcosts pretty much useless because it doesnt take account of any special offers, for example the thing that makes meteor massively cheaper than the rest, free texts.

I think the op was only considering presay and meteors prepay is definitely cheaper

Having said that, im posting this from my phone for free (except for the 6 a month of course) so cheapness isnt the only factor to consider :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^ I would get the broadband add on thing myself but I have 3G coverage were I live and while I do go into Limerick every 2 or 3 days I dont tihnk its worth it
    at the rate 3 are expanding their 3G coverage I might not have to wait too long... (they still are expanding their 3G coverage right?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ya 3 are still building their network - I know this because I only got full 3g coverage a couple of weeks ago. Their pre pay package is good value for text (5c to every network) but 35c to other networks is not so good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Walkman wrote:
    Ya 3 are still building their network - I know this because I only got full 3g coverage a couple of weeks ago. Their pre pay package is good value for text (5c to every network) but 35c to other networks is not so good..
    They are also nearly bankrupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They are also nearly bankrupt.

Do tell us more..feel free to include a substaniated fact or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Free only on billpay. On 3Pay it's free only till the end of this year.

Advertisement