Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

review build for 700 euro

Options
  • 28-04-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

im putting together a pc for a freind in the region of 700 euro, how people rate this? any suggestions or substitions i should make? he wont be doing intensive gaming just general multimedia stuff

NorthQ 4775-400BULK, ATX 400W, 120mm
    Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2, G965, Socket-775,
    XION II SILVER w/blue led, Steel Chassis
    Gainward GeForce 7300GS 256MB DDR2,
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
    Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 1024MB
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-5170 IDE Black OEM,
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz Socket
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB SATA2

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

funny enough i've just been saying this over on another thread. But that motherboard has on board graphics. so that card wont be needed. it wouldnt be much better than the on board, at least not enough to merit spending money on. But if you do intend on playing any games now or in the near future you'd need a little better. Just to be on the safe side and to keep you from having to upgrade it too soon go for one of the GeForce7600 cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hey, thanks for the reply, how does it work if you have a card and on boardd graphics? how do you select which one to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

someone is selling ati x1300's on adverts.ie for 20 euros, have one in my dell pc and the vista aero interface runs fine (dont know if that would be the case with onboard graphics)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?perpage=15&product=10147&cpage=1&perpage=15&cat=8#poststart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Hey just so you know the 7300GS is not a very good card and barely better than the on board graphics so you could save yourself some money. For gaming the very least you should buy is certain 7300gt (only ddr3 models because the ddr2 models are a lot slower) or 7600 series. anything lower like i said is a waist. You will be happy with the onboard gfx as long as you dont try to play any new or recent games.

But if you do decide to go with it i dont think you'll have any problems as the bios will default to the card. but just in case you can enter the BIOS and disable the onboard there. just press del when the PC is starting up you'll see it on screen.

Advertisement