Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RVD leaving?

• 28-04-2007 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

PWInsider wrote:
    Rob Van Dam has turned down WWE's latest contract offer. His current contract is set to expire over the summer; possibly in late July, but it hasn't been confirmed. However, until the deal expires, there's always a chance that the two sides could come to an agreement.

The creative team has been instructed to focus their attention on CM Punk and Elijah Burke so that if RVD does indeed leave the company, it won't be too strong of a blow to the ECW storylines.

Looks like RVD is going. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way out, Rob!
    Don't get me wrong, I once liked RVD when he was part of the InVasion, but only cos he was new to me and he had a good match with Jeff Hardy (I still remember him jumping up from a kneeling position and kicking Jeff). Since then, I have found him very boring and his matches repetitive. I know the ECW or wrestling die hards like him, but I honestly find his matches boring. Maybe it's WWE not wanting to push his stlye or because he has lost his passion, but he just hasn't entertained me.

One the other hand, TNA might be able to do something useful with him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I liked RVD a lot more up til about 2002. Since then I feel that a big reason for me not liking him as much is because he hasn't been used as well as he could be. There was some hope last year when he won the title, but unfortunately he got caught out with the arrest. If TNA got two hours and started doing decent angles, I could see RVD benefitting from going there

I hope we get to see RVD vs Punk before he goes (assuming he does)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

never been a huge fan of rvd,hes a great athlete,cant deny that,but hes been phoning it in for years,same moves,same gestures,same ring attire,and youd think after years of selling the five star as hurting himself when he hits it he'd pick a new finisher,maybe going to tna will give him a new leash of life,although with russo booking i doubt
    it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Minto wrote:
    Looks like RVD is going. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way out, Rob!

That's a bit harsh on a guy who has put his body on the line God knows how many times for your entertainment.

I think he was a great servant to WWE and they treated him like sh*t for most of his run.

Yes he was stupid to be caught with weed on that motorway but the WWE often made lots of jokes about that aspect of his lifestyle prior to that so I always found their outrage a bit hypocritical. They have given Randy Orton a hell of a lot more chances than Van Dam and he hasn't had anywhere near as many great matches as RVD.

I'm just wondering if he actually has the rights to use his name outside WWE. If not that will hurt him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm just wondering if he actually has the rights to use his name outside WWE. If not that will hurt him.

It's unlikely they have the rights to both Rob Van Dam and RVD so he'll probably be OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

That's a bit harsh on a guy who has put his body on the line God knows how many times for your entertainment.

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but I can't say I've ever been entertained by RVD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I think WWE own Rob Van Dam and RVD.

None of RVD's best stuff happened during his time in the E, but he isn't as bad as some people are making out here. I think he had two very good tag team runs with Kane and Rey Mysterio. He also had a match with Orton which was played a major part in cementing Randy as a big-time star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Minto wrote:
    Maybe it is a bit harsh, but I can't say I've ever been entertained by RVD.
    You have obviously never seen This
    then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I still think he'll sign although if TNA gave him a great deal I could see it appealing to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can only remember one good performance from RVD in the WWE and that was the first Elimination Chamber match.

He was brilliant in that but got injured half way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I can only remember one good performance from RVD in the WWE and that was the first Elimination Chamber match.

Yes he was good in that match,although when hit the fog splash on HHH his shin came down across hunter's throat. I think he might have injured his knee as well but trips came off the worse from that move and continued for another 15-20 minutes where as RVD was eliminated soon after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

No he didn't, in fact HE injured HHH in that match putting him out for over a month (he was still recovering for the 3 stages of hell match at Armageddon 02).

RVD going isn't a great loss in my eyes. All he has done in the last five years is give out that he has been going nowhere and how unhappy he is in WWE. WWE have given him chances left right and centre to push him to the top and his recklessness and carelessness kept screwing it up every year.

In 2002 during the opening of his comic book store he basically told the entire country in an interview that the IC belt wasn't worth his time, which is the biggest insult ever to anyone who'd ever worn the belt, not to mention those who launched their careers from it, Shawn, HHH, Warrior, Rock, Austin. I pretty much had **** all time for him after that.

Every main event chance he had, he ****ed it up, when they relaunched ECW last year, RVD had been groomed for the top man for it, and they were grooming him for a year ever since the original ONS, even when he was injured. He couldn't even stay clean during it! He's a piss poor representitive of the WWE, and if TNA can do something with him, they're welcome to him, they've spent the last four years surviving using WWE's castoffs anyway.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

In 2002 during the opening of his comic book store he basically told the entire country in an interview that the IC belt wasn't worth his time, which is the biggest insult ever to anyone who'd ever worn the belt, not to mention those who launched their careers from it, Shawn, HHH, Warrior, Rock, Austin. I pretty much had **** all time for him after that.

WWE have been showing for the last 6 years that the IC title isn't worth their time though. That's a bigger insult than anything RVD says

I'd imagine he'd be a bit of a loss to WWE in terms of merchandise. He still gets one of the bigger pops out of all their wrestlers when he comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

You have obviously never seen This
    then

I meant I've never been entertained by him in WWE. But I never watched the original ECW, so I suppose the original statement stands true, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    WWE have been showing for the last 6 years that the IC title isn't worth their time though. That's a bigger insult than anything RVD says

To an extent, i will agree, the thing is at the time they had put the belt on RVD, they were trying to give it decent exposure, with the likes of Eddie Guerrero, and Jericho and Benoit the year beforehand (all later became to become main eventers and champions), once the unified the belt, that was it. The 2003 resurrection of the belt didn't mean squat, and WWE, as you say, have shown it.

VR!

Advertisement