Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Airshow 2007, June 24th, 3PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I can say this......The EX Mil AC are not BiPlanes, they are prop Trainers, also the Mil act TBC* is fast and noisy as hell.............:D Il let you wreck your head.........:D :D

Regards,

David.

TBC To Be Confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Steyr wrote:
    I can say this......The EX Mil AC are not BiPlanes, they are prop Trainers, also the Mil act TBC* is fast and noisy as hell.............:D Il let you wreck your head.........:D :D

Regards,

David.

TBC To Be Confirmed

Chipmunk / Saab Tunnan?

ambasite wrote:
    Chipmunk / Saab Tunnan?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Steyr wrote:
    also the Mil act TBC* is fast and noisy as hell.............:D Il let you wreck your head.........:D :D

You've given the game away with the noisy comment :)

picture3.jpg

Tell you what, how's about a competition? Whoever guesses the Fast Jet correctly gets to go up in the navigator seat? David can you arrange?

By the way Dave really counting on you for those practice show times. I'm gonna pop out of work for a look on Friday (if you report they'll be there) and I'm planning on sneaking out before my sons birthday party on the Sat, again if you report they'll make an appearance. Don't let me down :)

• Advertisement

Ha ha i wish i could get a flip in a Tonka, alas its not a Tornado....This is crazy as im after seeing 2 more additions both Military on top of what i have yet to confirm..............................:D

You will know the Practice times i promise. The TBirds will be on the Same day ( Friday ) i am not sure if the EF Typhoon will practice as he will be appearing in the North on the Sat.

Regards,

David.

You can tell us.... we promise not to tell anyone else...

daveg wrote:
    You can tell us.... we promise not to tell anyone else...

I can and will when im allowed.:D

Hey guys just a heads up, i will be confirming new acts on Monday and the Thunderbirds practice timings on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Just booked the hotel!! Cheers for your help mate. Any idea where the Manlo Park Hotel is? No problem really as the GF is driving and it looks good. A tad expensive though but I don't care. Wooooohooooo!!

• Advertisement

Archytas wrote:
    Just booked the hotel!! Cheers for your help mate. Any idea where the Manlo Park Hotel is? No problem really as the GF is driving and it looks good. A tad expensive though but I don't care. Wooooohooooo!!

You mean the Menlo Park Hotel (http://www.menloparkhotel.com/hotel/index.htm)? Have a look here for directions:

http://www.menloparkhotel.com/hotel/contact.htm#maps

You dont believe how hard it is for me to keep these acts a Secret!!!!! They are eating me alive!!!!!!!!! But i promise you they are SO WORTH IT!!

daveg wrote:

Aye but you can never trust those maps - just asking those who might have a wee bit of local knowledge...

Archytas wrote:
    Aye but you can never trust those maps - just asking those who might have a wee bit of local knowledge...

Such as me eh????:D I could put up a Google map of Galway City and Highlight the road to Salthill from the Menlo Hotel if you like? ( I think im able )

Steyr wrote:
    Such as me eh????:D I could put up a Google map of Galway City and Highlight the road to Salthill from the Menlo Hotel if you like? ( I think im able )

No need - I could do it, but I was just wondering. But now that you've given the idea... Im gonna do it now...

By all means

Steyr wrote:
    You dont believe how hard it is for me to keep these acts a Secret!!!!! They are eating me alive!!!!!!!!! But i promise you they are SO WORTH IT!!

So when you say your telling us Monday you mean the 18th?

Yep. ( Hope)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

after a run of 3 or 4 years of great weather and high visibility it seems from the GFS that this year may be crap.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sponge Bob wrote:
    after a run of 3 or 4 years of great weather and high visibility it seems from the GFS that this year may be crap.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

At least that will mean more vapour trails from the high performance acts.:)

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote:
    the Mil act TBC* is fast and noisy as hell.............:D

How about :) :

765px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Steyr wrote:
    I can say this...... also the Mil act TBC* is fast and noisy as

To quote robby Jackson in Patriot Games,

'that ain't noise.......that's the sound of freedom!'

now that there is a n ex RAF Vulcan flying again, can we have that one please!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

dream on daveg, much as we'd all love to see her in the air again, she has no use tese days apparently.

Gablin wrote:
    dream on daveg, much as we'd all love to see her in the air again, she has no use tese days apparently.

I believe NASA still use one or two airframes, could be wrong.:confused:

On the topic of ex military acts, the Vulcan sounds vaguely possible also maybe a Lightining, fits the fast and noisy list.

On the topic of ex military acts, the Vulcan sounds vaguely possible also maybe a Lightining, fits the fast and noisy list.

The Vulcan is a NO as she is still under construction and they dont have an exact idea as to when she will get Airborne some are saying late Sept 07, And its a NO on the Lightnings as all they are permitted to do is fast taxi's at Brunthingthorpe, and ive been told if one of their pilots decided to pull back on the stick and take her for a jolly.......well lets just say they would never be allowed start up again let alone do a fast taxi ever.

I'd say who ever owns that big delta wing isn't gonna let her out of their sight for a while. Anyway, won't she be needed for the 25th anniversary commemorations of the Black Buck raids, and the Falklands war?

Also Insurance is a big problem with the Lightning as the UK CAA dont mind having EX Mil jets on the CAA Register but "Afterburning" Aircraft is where the problems start.

So you all set for the hordes descending on ya dave??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Oh please, please, please, please, PLEASE let the "loud and fast" display be one of these babies......

f15.jpg

.....my all-time favourite aircraft.

I know a couple turned up last year for a quick flyby. Any chance of the same again this year, Styer? ;):D

• Advertisement

I hope so aswell, I've mentioned the Eagle a few times.

The Eagle and the (sadly retired) Tomcat are my two favourite fighters of all time.

It would be nice to get a Strike Eagle, they are louder due to their -229 engines giving them an extra 12,000lbs thrust in max AB over the air superiority Eagles.

But steyr did say they are in low viz grey so that rules the Strike Eagles out.

Advertisement