Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Airshow 2007, June 24th, 3PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

But steyr did say they are in low viz grey so that rules the Strike Eagles out.

I did say the Acts are low viz Grey but all Mil Fast/Slow Jets ( well the majority are low viz grey the F15E colour scheme is defined as "Charcoal Grey" ) I wouldnt rule an F-15E out............yet........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Hmmm, should I take it from your response that my guess may have been a correct one then, Steyr? ;) Or that I'm at least on the right track? Eh, eh? ;):D

Okay, so I did suggest an Eagle, Captain Chaos brought up the issue of which particular variant ("Charlie"/Air Superiority version or, C.C.'s wish, an "Echo"/Strike Eagle version) so this might be the particular question we have to wait and see the answer to. Presuming we were correct in guessing an F15 to begin with, of course! :D

Though, I suppose we'll all know for definite tomorrow, as you did promise to let us in on the secret on Monday the 18th, didn't you?

Though, I suppose we'll all know for definite tomorrow, as you did promise to let us in on the secret on Monday the 18th, didn't you?

I will hopefully be allowed to reveal all tomorrow, but in the mean time The Irish Navy have confirmed that L.E. Ciara will anchor off Salthill for the 2007 Salthill Airshow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a MIG-29 or an SU35 would be nice even at this late stage

Sponge Bob wrote:
    a MIG-29 or an SU35 would be nice even at this late stage

No no no no no no no! Money is the problem with Russian Aircraft, they cost way way way too much, and remember we are non profit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tell them we have a green government now and are now thinking of buying some . They will be over like a shot :p

Look at this

http://photo.livevideo.com/video/SupportTheTroops/74F05EDD6DBA4A2EA015608CDDF4F2FA/russian-su-35-beautiful-flight.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

!
    What's the news..... pleeeeease!
    Cmon, it's Monday, it's the 18th.... was hangin all weekend waiting to find who these new additions are.

Do tell!!!

Soon i PROMISE! Its eating me too. But its sooooooooooooo worth it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Steyr wrote:
    Soon i PROMISE! Its eating me too. But its sooooooooooooo worth it:D

If you come back and tell us it's another air Arann plane i'm gonna hunt you down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Steyr, just wondered if anybody tried to get the Huey (G-UH1H) currently based at Blackpool over to Galway for part of the day?

They are at Newtownards on the Saturday and Enniskillen on the Sunday from which I presume some of the acts will be flying.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

No we didnt bother looking into it as Private acts cost alot and again i must state we are non profit and Enniskillen is charging! FYI Enniskillen may yet be cancelled as the Airfield has poor drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Steyr wrote:
    I did say the Acts are low viz Grey but all Mil Fast/Slow Jets ( well the majority are low viz grey the F15E colour scheme is defined as "Charcoal Grey" ) I wouldnt rule an F-15E out............yet........

Oh please - please - please please for the love of all things holy please let it be one of these babies!! Oh please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You've got 29mins.............:p

In the words of Jack Bauer, DAMMIT! You lied to us, Steyr, you LIED! You kept us on tenderhooks all this time and then you don't produce the goods!

<Homer Simpson mode> Damn you.... damn you all to hell! <Homer Simpson mode> :D

Okay Steyr, now you definitely owe us all at least one F15! Hop to it! ;):D

*(Disclaimer) In case anyone thinks I was chewing out Steyr for real, I wasn't, the above was all meant tongue-in-cheek.

Well this service is ridiculous. I for one will be refusing to pay for this airshow....

oh.. hang on... it's free :D

Ok ok its not my fault!!! Anyway the EX Mil Trainer/s were having will be Yak 52's! That ought to shut you up for a few minutes!!!:D Oh and the NOISE is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Steyr wrote:
    No we didnt bother looking into it as Private acts cost alot and again i must state we are non profit and Enniskillen is charging! FYI Enniskillen may yet be cancelled as the Airfield has poor drainage.

Maybe that's why they based the amphibian up there at Enniskillen.

Yeah it costs about £1200 an hour to keep the Huey in the air.
    But it does sound great.

I am not allowed discuss …

Steyr wrote:
    NOISE is COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By that do you mean they jets will be dropping live ammo on Co Clare?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109569

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nah, the fun police (HSA) would have a field day if that were allowed.

Better off going to Switzerland and watching the Swiss in action at their target ranges in the Alps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

so whats the NOISE!!!! tell us, i demand satisfaction!!

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote:
    But it does sound great.

Aye those two bladed rotors are the business. God I love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheFlaps

Its Tuesday now and still no word. Disgraceful.

My guess is either a Jaguar or some sort of Saab.

Archytas wrote:
    Aye those two bladed rotors are the business. God I love them.

WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP! ;):D

Hmmm, a Saab would be pretty cool, alright, especially if it was something like a Gripen. Very doubtful it'll happen, though.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an Eagle, though. ;)

TheFlaps wrote:

My guess is either a Jaguar or some sort of Saab.

The Jaguars are disbanded..

So.....

How do 2 F15E Strike Eagles sound? Bring on the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

nice!!! very nice!
    how about the times for the thunderbirds practice times?!!

Steyr wrote:
    The Jaguars are disbanded..

So.....

How do 2 F15E Strike Eagles sound? Bring on the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

oh sweet mother of god please tell me this isn't a joke!! Please.... I can't bear the fact that you could be joking?

I dont see the fun in Lying.

Steyr wrote:
    I dont see the fun in Lying.

Why is it only Tuesday!?!? I want it to be Friday already!!!

skelliser wrote:
    nice!!! very nice!
    how about the times for the thunderbirds practice times?!!

Patience i have more hardware to confirm yet......

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote:
    How do 2 F15E Strike Eagles sound?

HELL YEAH!!!! Bring it on!!!!! \m/ :D

Though, I bet the crusties will have a field day with this. F15E's, F16's (in the form of the Thunderbirds), an RAF Typhoon..... I can just see the headlines now.....

"Bush & Blair's Baby-Killing War Machines Fly Into Town!" :rolleyes:

Advertisement