Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an Ageia PhysX card

Options
  • 28-04-2007 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

has anyone got an Ageia PhysX card and if so what do you think of it, is it worth buying ?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the answer is no. Dual core processors have kind of overtaken it. In some of the new games coming out over the next few months, they devote one of the cores to physics. Also, I think some of the new gfx cards that will be coming out will be able to handle physics as well. I wouldn't bother with Physx if I were you. I don't even think there is much support for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Check out this link;

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/19/is_ageias_physx_failing/

Quite interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I have one, but the only reason I got it was because it was free. I can't really recommend it. The only things that I have that apparently use it are Ghost Recon and Joint Task Force. Ghost Recon looks the same but Joint Task Force is pretty cool looking with it.

Save your money and buy a better graphics card

Advertisement