Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dream Theater single

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

MP3 is downloading now, but nice video.

I'm a lot more excited about this than I was about Octavarium. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Caught in a Web meets The Glass Prison. Petrucci is on fire in it. I can't wait for this album to come out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Dear God that is some savage riff! :eek:

Oh f*ck yeah roll on album release :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm liking this. When's it out?

feylya wrote:
    I'm liking this. When's it out?

Play.com have it listed as the 4th June here

There's two editions - that link is the special edition.

• Advertisement

Cheer Lemming. That's that preordered :D Surround sound Dream Theater? Excellent!

So .... anyone fancy going to see them play at Download in Donnington? I'm looking for willing partners in crime :D

:eek: Yes. When?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Waiting for it to download now..............DOWNLOAD DAMMIT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hopefully if enough of us download it and have Ireland as our location they might consider coming here? Wishful thinking! As someone who's been a huge DT fan since Awake, and ACOS, this is great to listen to, Petrucci's on speed!

• Advertisement

Ok, dont see what the fuss is about i find this quite weak in comparrison to anything on octavarium or train of though, or pretty much anything theyve done.

Anyone else think the production on the track is pretty pants, its like theres no meat to the mix at all. Wheres myungs big bass presence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Depends I guess on the system you play it on? I just played it through mine with the sub cranked half way up, and it seemed fine.

I just played mine on my comp speakers, now i know what your gonna say but i threw on some train of thought and theres just no comparrison.

Is the mp3 they released fully mixed though?

feylya wrote:
    :eek: Yes. When?

June

Clicky

ANd the sounds fine on my system (5.1 digital surround with an X-Fi card). Mind you, it doesn't sound like the mae-west of productions, but I'm not batting an eyelid since this is a free promo release and hardly likely to be the final article as far as the official album release is concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyone else getting a Metallica vibe, especially when the vocals first come in?

Gah, probably wouldn't have cash for it.

I'm not gonna pass judgement on the mixing until I've heard the album but the riffage is supreme :D

Metallica vibes are no bad things :p Yeah, there is a bit

feylya wrote:
    Metallica vibes are no bad things :p Yeah, there is a bit

Oh, I meant it as a good thing.

Anyone else getting a Metallica vibe, especially when the vocals first come in?
    Yea, VERY MUCH so. Stil not gonna pass judgement till the fully produced album goes into my ears. From what i hear its good but not dream theater good if you get me.

Really looking forward to "The Dark Eternal Night"

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing them at Hellfest now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm quite disappointed with it actually :( Sounds very plain...Maybe it will sound better when its the full mix but it doesnt do anything for me here...

I noticed the Metallica vibe too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Dr.Poca wrote:
    I'm quite disappointed with it actually :( Sounds very plain...Maybe it will sound better when its the full mix but it doesnt do anything for me here...

Who said anything about it not being the final mix? I like it, it's more direct and to the point than octavarium, which was a bit drawn out in places. Something fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

feylya wrote:
    Really looking forward to "The Dark Eternal Night"

Here it is "The Dark Eternal Night"....
    click me

Fn sweet Riff. Really like it.:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Just downloaded it and heard it. Technically amazing as per usual. It didn't knock me off my feet but I know it'll grow on me, and I can't wait for the album!

Mmmm, I concur with the remarks about riffage!

The dark eternal night is good enough but im still not so sure about this album from what ive heard so far....that being said its likely to grow on me so that ill be eating my words come a few months.

The first half of TDEN is fantastic. Then Rudess has to come along with his happy keyboard playing and ruin it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

feylya wrote:
    The first half of TDEN is fantastic. Then Rudess has to come along with his happy keyboard playing and ruin it :(

I love that ragtime bit, it's like something from an old horror movie :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement