Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gasa prices

Options
  • 28-04-2007 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i see the english are cutting gas prices again, no chance of bord gas doing the same. thats what happens in a monopoly.

notice how a proper regulator works, telling customers that certain customers are being ripped off and that they should change provider. imagine something like that instead of comreg, and proper competition for consumers on gas, electricity, and phone. just think how much more money we'd have in our pocket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6594427.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Bord Gais dropped prices by 10% on Feb 1st. - Prices are now about 12 - 15% below UK prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

didn't they take 10% off the planned increase? and not actually 10% off bills. thats strange how it is cheaper in ireland given the fact that everyone i know in the uk pays about the same as i do, however they get billed every 3 months and not 2, and thats with, in the vast majority of cases, more people in the houehold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Prices increased on October 1st by 34%.
    Prices decreased on Feb 1st by 10%
    Overall increase combining both sums was 20.6%.

Prices in UK have fallen quicker (they went up quicker too!!) and are on average about 8% cheaper than BG. - Based on 12,000 kwh usage. (€600 irish average £360 uk average)

Advertisement