Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR Online

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blahzer

The Hole point to a MMO is to play with your friends, I am sick of grinding to Max lvl in all MMOs i play, I want to enjoy a game, Playing with friends/Boardies will make it more fun in the end,

So my question is what server are we all going to be on, Me and my Mate are going to start Today so what server?

Snowbourn

or
    Elrond/Elrand or whatever you called it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think its gonna be Snowbourne buddy

Ill make a character in a week or so for there :p and then join up :)
    Still tryin to get used to the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Blahzer wrote:
    The Hole point to a MMO is to play with your friends, I am sick of grinding to Max lvl in all MMOs i play, I want to enjoy a game, Playing with friends/Boardies will make it more fun in the end,

So my question is what server are we all going to be on, Me and my Mate are going to start Today so what server?

Snowbourn

or
    Elrond/Elrand or whatever you called it :)

seems to be more high level people on snowbourn so I'd go with that one. Im going to start over tomorrow on SB anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'll setup a teamspeak server later today that we can use.
    Snow seems to have the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, when you start a new character and team up with someone from the start, you level up incredibly quickly. You get loads of xp from quests and most of these at the start are of the go to x and return, variety. When you do the "kill 10 monster x" quests, doing it in a team takes a few minutes where it would take you half an hour on your own.

It's about team work people! :D (Plus, anyone who doesn't want to re-do their quests can just start as a different race and get a new angle on the story!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blahzer

humanji wrote:
    In fairness, when you start a new character and team up with someone from the start, you level up incredibly quickly. You get loads of xp from quests and most of these at the start are of the go to x and return, variety. When you do the "kill 10 monster x" quests, doing it in a team takes a few minutes where it would take you half an hour on your own.

It's about team work people! :D (Plus, anyone who doesn't want to re-do their quests can just start as a different race and get a new angle on the story!)

True,

Can someone give me a break down of the Class's and Race.s Id like to hear from players the website is not giving much info!

I play a Warlock and Druid endgame in WoW,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The webbie has all class info you need m8.
    www.lotro-europe.com

Direct link to info for you http://www.lotro-europe.com/gameinformation.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I've set up a temp channel on quakenet if people are interested.
    Until we find a name for the guild.
    #lotr.boards

Installing the game in work now :D
    mom level 4 elf minstrel :D

I'd say the closest thing to a lock would be the LM (lore master) as for a druid, think thats a wow thing. however monster mode might off something diff?

Server must be down, not updating the small 25meg file i need to play... :(

Come on people put you name down here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086660

I've also started a 50 slot TS server on games3

[url=teamspeak://games3.iol.ie:8837]games3.iol.ie:8837[/url]

• Advertisement

I've also started a 50 slot TS server on games3

[url=teamspeak://games3.iol.ie:8837]games3.iol.ie:8837[/url]

For those of us who don't know, what's that mean? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

TS = teamspeak

Its a voice communication program which is seperate to the game
    However, by using it it allows you all to talk to each other while in game and out of game :):D

Its used by clans the world over for FPS and other games, its the 2nd best one out there....after Ventrilo :D

games3.iol.ie:8837 is the IP which is entered to get onto the server

you can download the client at http://www.goteamspeak.com :)

what he said :p

Blahzer wrote:
    True,

Can someone give me a break down of the Class's and Race.s Id like to hear from players the website is not giving much info!

I play a Warlock and Druid endgame in WoW,

Game manual ?:)

SeantheMan wrote:
    Game manual ?:)
    Only girls read the manual.

Isn't there a VoIP thingy in the game, though? It's save a lot of hassle, in that the last time I tried using TeamSpeak, back in the Black Hawk Down days, I managed to set fire to my pc (although, it may have something to do with the alcohol and matches , but I can't be sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi all,

What server are you all playing on?

Are you all goodies or badies?

Whats the Boardies guild name and whats the command to find it :)

Thanks, going to DL the game tonight (hopefully)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive set up a LOTRO forum on our GFF community site if anyone is interested.
    I had intended chatting to our guys about making a LOTRO room on our teamspeak but Rev has got that done.

www.gunsforfun.com

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ok well now we seem to have a consensus on server, what about a name for the guild? Who will be its founder?

My vote on the latter question is Rev, as he will no doubt be providing a home for the guild over at Darkkeep.com and has already set up a TS server for us. Reverend Founder has a ring to it actually.

Guild name? Something "board" related? like board of directors? The Directorate maybe? or something more silly?

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote:
    Ok well now we seem to have a consensus on server, what about a name for the guild? Who will be its founder?

My vote on the latter question is Rev, as he will no doubt be providing a home for the guild over at Darkkeep.com and has already set up a TS server for us. Reverend Founder has a ring to it actually.

Guild name? Something "board" related? like board of directors? The Directorate maybe? or something more silly?

What about something in Gaelic ? Im terrible at Irish though.

Tusky wrote:
    What about something in Gaelic ? Im terrible at Irish though.

I vote for "Ridire Na Clar" and as long as everyone ignores post #54 of this thread, then this name is copyrighted to me! :D

Seriously, it's not a bad name, and it delivers everything you need:

1) It's got "Knights" in it
    2) It's got "Boards" in it
    3) It's in Irish, which people will assume is Elvish or Dwarven or something, cause they is thick wits no learnings!

All in favour say "Humanji is a god!"

Well I'll vote max for founder :)
    If you want max can always setup stuff on darkkeep for a guild or I can create a subdomain off it.
    Up to you guys but still early stages until we figure a klassy name for the guild, for now boards is as good a place as any since we're all here :)

humanji wrote:
    I vote for "Ridire Na Clar" and as long as everyone ignores post #54 of this thread, then this name is copyrighted to me! :D

No problem :D

Id go for that name...good choice :p
    As you say Knights of the Boards sounds cool :cool:

SeantheMan wrote:
    No problem :D

Id go for that name...good choice :p
    As you say Knights of the Boards sounds cool :cool:

Thanks, it just seemed to flow from the heart :D

humanji wrote:

1) It's got "Knights" in it
    2) It's got "Boards" in it
    3) It's in Irish, which people will assume is Elvish or Dwarven or something, cause they is thick wits no learnings!

I like that its in Irish and I like that its relevant to boards.ie but when spoken I dont think it sounds very good. I vote myself as founder, you must all give me 90% of your gold and equipment each week and also ask my permission to log in and out. How does that sound ?

Tusky wrote:
    I like that its in Irish and I like that its relevant to boards.ie but when spoken I dont think it sounds very good. I vote myself as founder, you must all give me 90% of your gold and equipment each week and also ask my permission to log in and out. How does that sound ?

I nominate myself. Same demands as Tusky, but only 89% of your gold and equipment is needed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll let you log in without my permission, and 60% up front, with the remainging 30% (you get to keep 10%) in a series of monthly payments.

Hot damn, I vote for Kiith!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I second that. bored in work now for 4 hours or so, so gunna logon and play :D

Advertisement