Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tusky wrote:
    I like that its in Irish and I like that its relevant to boards.ie but when spoken I dont think it sounds very good. I vote myself as founder, you must all give me 90% of your gold and equipment each week and also ask my permission to log in and out. How does that sound ?

Depends on the way you pronounce it :p

Its

Rid-eer-eh (also sounds evlish...like theyd pronouce it)
    nah
    Claw-eer

Say it like that and its cool :cool:

And what does it matter..as long as we know what it means :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Very true. And we won't be pronouncing it, just typing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sunzz wrote:
    I second that. bored in work now for 4 hours or so, so gunna logon and play :D
    You work at home ? or you brought your game in and installed it in your office ??

If either of the above is teh case..well...its a bad idea :p:p ...i wouldn't expect to be gettin much work done in the near future if you have the choice between work/gaming :eek:

Best keep em seperate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SeantheMan wrote:
    You work at home ? or you brought your game in and installed it in your office ??

If either of the above is teh case..well...its a bad idea :p:p ...i wouldn't expect to be gettin much work done in the near future if you have the choice between work/gaming :eek:

Best keep em seperate:)

I get my gaming fix during work at www.tribalwars.com

Its a web based game that doesnt take too much time to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Right I created a toon on snow. A dwarf called toolie, more just to have a look around since I did a human for the beta. What have most people gone for, might be an idea to be in the same area.

I'll be on after work... damn you work... need the money...

How about "Gregarious Irish Travelling sociopaths" or some other tinfoil axe name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Brought it into work and installed it today in the office :D

Nah I normally finish my daily tasks at roughly 3ish, then browse net/play games for 2 hours then head home. Used to be when ever you finished coding you could just head home, now tho insurance laws state we have to remain in the building so ****ed if im twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours 5 days a week :D

Right I created a toon on snow. A dwarf called toolie, more just to have a look around since I did a human for the beta. What have most people gone for, might be an idea to be in the same area.

I'll be on after work... damn you work... need the money...

How about "Gregarious Irish Travelling sociopaths" or some other tinfoil axe name.

Im either going to be an elven hunter or a human champion. Not sure yet. None of the classes seem very original, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well this time round, the hunter is actually able to take out things from a distance without having to rely on melee. Two hunters together fairly kick ass.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I gave the idea of a Guild name some deep thought, and after some deliberation came up with: I Think There's A Funny Smell, or ITTAFS for short.

Genius, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I like it.

[ITTAFS]Toolie it is.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote:
    I gave the idea of a Guild name some deep thought, and after some deliberation came up with: I Think There's A Funny Smell, or ITTAFS for short.

Genius, no?

Hmmm - not quite genius! =/

anyone else having trouble logging in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ridire Na Clar is fine by me.

Should we get things moving on this?

Someone needs to fork up something like 5 silver and it needs at least 6 members within 24 hours.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not genius?

Yeah - login servers are down again (3rd timer this week)
    02/05/07 - 18.40 GMT+1
    Hello, we are aware of some users experiencing difficulty logging into the game world servers. This is currently being investigated.

Check here for updates as they (don't) happen.

Just downloading the patch right now...

Then I'll roll a burglar on Snowblood or whatever it's called.

Ridire Na Clar is fine by me.

Should we get things moving on this?

Someone needs to fork up something like 5 silver and it needs at least 6 members within 24 hours.

Well we have more than 6 already so that should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Installed and patched.

Just waiting on the smeging servers to stop ****ing around and let me log in :(

yeah... not working here either....

Been checking out the support section on the LOTRO site and its seems like this login issue is something that happens every night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 I8poop4U

This is the third time this week. Last two times it didn't come back on till around 11. That said they did say on Monday night they had it sorted. Seems to be a log in issue if the boards are right.

I'm certainly quickly losing patience with them.

• Advertisement

I only get to play from 6.30 - 9.30 each day :(

Tusky wrote:
    I only get to play from 6.30 - 9.30 each day :(

Is that due to sever issues or is it like you gots other stuff to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Venom wrote:
    Is that due to sever issues or is it like you gots other stuff to do?

I'm imagining it's real-life things using up the other hours. So he is sad now because the time he gets to play has been spent waiting for the login server and it's almost 9.

I'm imagining it's real-life things using up the other hours. So he is sad now because the time he gets to play has been spent waiting for the login server and it's almost 9.

Could also be his mommy making him go to bed lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Venom wrote:
    Could also be his mommy making him go to bed lol.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Microsoft has announced Login Simulator 2008 to Rival LOTR I heard.

j/k

no rly itza j/k

Exactly. Im up at six for work so have to head to bed early.

Tusky wrote:
    Exactly. Im up at six for work so have to head to bed early.

I know what ya mean.

Have to say LOTRO is the worst MMORPG launch Iv ever experenced and this is from someone who's played almost every MMORPG since UO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Totally agree with Venom,this is ridiculous,i got my hunter to lvl 18 during pre launch but am only just on lvl 20 since i bought the full game.
    Sure i dont get much time but any evening i go to play there is a damn problem.

• Advertisement

I remember some bad problems with WoW when it started too but never as frequent as this.

I believe the game has been selling rather well, so maybe they just hadnt expected the demand. Pretty poor.

Advertisement