Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Maximilian wrote:
    I remember some bad problems with WoW when it started too but never as frequent as this.

I believe the game has been selling rather well, so maybe they just hadnt expected the demand. Pretty poor.

Well I expect some problems at a games launch considering how much content a MMORPG has. Things like broken quests, unfinished raid zones, missing loot tables and unbalanced class's but the one thing I do expect to work is being able to log in and play the damm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, since so many people can't get onto the servers, I created a kinship on Snowbourne. It's "Ridire Na Clar".

My name on the server is Aodhor. I'm a Taurus and I like long walks on the beach and piano music. You've 24 hours to join before I've wasted my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Login issues now resolved
    We're pleased to report that the issues with the login servers have now been resolved. We'd like to note that tonight's issues, whilst still connected to logging in were different to the ones seen earlier in the week. As you know we are continually working to achieve a permanent fix and feel confident that good progress is being made. We would like to once again apologise for the downtime this evening and assure you of our continued commitment to achieving a solid, top-notch service for you.

Progress is being made? It sounds like nothing has really been resolved at all and the same issue will occur this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Right, i'm heading to town to get this now. What realm is everyone on? Eradar (assuming its working again), or Snowbourne? And who do i get in touch with to join?

Snowbourne is the one we're going with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was thinkin of writin to codemaster to complain and ask for a free month , was gonna tell them i havent been able to log on every night and that my month trial is quickly dissapearing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'll pick this up whenever I get set up with broadband in my new place, looks to be a blast, though I don't want it turning into a life sucker like WoW used to be until I eventually forced myself to give it up.

Just one thing, the guild name "Ridire Na Clar": I thought the Irish for knights was "sealgaire", or perhaps that refers to a single knight? I'm afraid its been quite a while since I studied Irish, beachnach seacht mbliain ó shin.

Also, it seems like there is a consensus on the server but I would like confirmation before I dive in and pick the wrong one. Have people agreed on Eradar or Snowbourne?

swiss wrote:
    Also, it seems like there is a consensus on the server but I would like confirmation before I dive in and pick the wrong one. Have people agreed on Eradar or Snowbourne?
    It's Snowbourne we're all going with... at least we don't spell it wrong every time like Elzar or whatever it's called.

Having this game suck up your life shouldn't be an issue thanks to the handy feature of crippling log in problems.

swiss wrote:
    Just one thing, the guild name "Ridire Na Clar": I thought the Irish for knights was "sealgaire", or perhaps that refers to a single knight? I'm afraid its been quite a while since I studied Irish, beachnach seacht mbliain ó shin.

Sealgaire = hunter, is fáda an am ó bhí mé ag labhairt gaeilge, ach is ea Ridire and focail cheart :D ...:p

beachnach = beagnach (litriú cheart) :rolleyes:

Snowbourne mate :)

Just dont play soo much of it like some ppl do, maybe an hour a night or so.
    Dont focus on levelling up and finishing the game ASAP;) ..enjoy wandering around etc.
    I bet the higher level players didnt even enjoy most of the game..they prob just farmed and grinded for hours on end to reach level 50 asap :eek:
    Half my time has been spent playin the lute and runnin round the shire...accepting quests..but not doing any :rolleyes: :D:D
    I think i ahve 39 unfinished quests :p

SeantheMan wrote:
    Just dont play soo much of it like some ppl do, maybe an hour a night or so.
    Dont focus on levelling up and finishing the game ASAP;) ..enjoy wandering around etc.
    I bet the higher level players didnt even enjoy most of the game..they prob just farmed and grinded for hours on end to reach level 50 asap :eek:
    Half my time has been spent playin the lute and runnin round the shire...accepting quests..but not doing any :rolleyes: :D:D
    I think i ahve 39 unfinished quests :p

QFT

I'm happily following Frodos route and trying to play Freebird on my lute!

That's the beauty of having the Deeds. It's actually worth your while trapsing around the map looking for ruins because you get some great bonuses for it (plus cool titles too :D )

• Advertisement

humanji wrote:
    QFT

I'm happily following Frodos route and trying to play Freebird on my lute!

That's the beauty of having the Deeds. It's actually worth your while trapsing around the map looking for ruins because you get some great bonuses for it (plus cool titles too :D )

Whats QFT ??? :confused:

Oh, and when we get our LOTR section can we make a music section to put tabs for songs up :):)

SeantheMan wrote:
    Whats QFT ??? :confused:

Oh, and when we get our LOTR section can we make a music section to put tabs for songs up :):)

QFT = Quoted For Truth (or Quite F*cking True, if you want) :)

Try this simple one that i figured out the other day :p

Hold Shift and press 1,2,3,5,3,2,1,3,1 ......................... 3,5,6,8,7,5,3,4,3,2 :D

Im in work..so thats from memory..may be wrong :p

You'll find the rythm once you hear it :rolleyes:

Oh how different the Lord Of The Rings would have been if it had been a lute instead of a ring...

ok, logging in now...who do i talk to about joining the guild? name's Kiith.

edit...and by god i hate these external clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Im on Snourborn Irishpsycho lvl 14 minstrel ..what server is the boards kinship , I might re- roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

we're all on snow, level 6 minstrel. mom

I still don't know the client commands to /1 to say all to people etc :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone online at the mo ? Msg me - Bentonio (for sexy chat).

I added a good few of yea as friends anyway...just have to wait until humanzi comes back online so we can join the kinship.

I'm having some horrible lag spikes. Its not my pc (e6600, 512mb ati1900xt), and it seems to happen every half an hour or so. Its really starting to annoy me.

Anyway, im online now...

Sorry I haven't been online. Real world troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well just finishing up for the evening myself and done the name swap with a few on the ones online.

Must say I've had no real problem other than maybe some lag in the start town.

Get Online You Jerks!!!! We Only Need One More Person Before I Have To Spend More Money On Renaming Our Kinship!!!

edit: right, I got online and I think we have our kinship. As I said, it's called "Ridire Na Clar". SO far, there's 7 of us, so we shouldn't be disbanded. I added a guy called Veldaran, to make up numbers before we hit the deadline. He's dutch and is very new to this, but he seems a nice enough sort, so be friendly! :D

Sorry, I couldn't be online more today, as I said, real world stuff kind of got in the way. I'll try to be online as much as I can tomorrow from about 6:30 onwards, and I'll add you then if you IM me.

If you can't make it then, then either PM me here with your characer name, or post here with the same. And currently I'm the group leader. Once we agree on a proper leader then I can hand over the reigns.

We're about to make something beautiful people. Let's not screw it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thought it was going to be all-Irish guild ? I suppose if we needed someone to keep it together..

Well it was a case of either adding him or the guild being disbanded. And besides, he needed help so there's no real harm in it. And sure if everybody wants to, he can be kicked out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Down with racisim :D
    Add me my characters name is mom, but i won't be playing to much over the next few weeks.

Sadly, I can only add people when they're online, so it's all a matter of timing :D

As of late last night (I was out drinking, sorry) I am 'Mongoling' a Hobbit burglar on Snowbourne... He was going to be called Gumbard but that's a rude word apparently and it wouldn't allow it.

The intro quest for the hobbits was pretty cool.. the Black Rider looked awesome and your map turns into the eye of Sauron when it's near.

I probably won't get online until about 8 or so this evening... servers permitting.

Right, I'll try this again (stupid firefox crashed halfway through typing :( ). Anyways, I'm going to try and be online from 6:30 tonight.

"/tell Aodhor" to get in touch with me. and I'll add you. I'll also do a run through of the names that are given here, so if you're on you may get an unexpected add by me (so don't worry :D )
    I've two computers next to each other and will be working on the other one, so if you contact me, I may not notice immediately, so sorry about that in advance.

Prob wont be on much over the long weekend.
    Plan to get pissed....be hungover...pissed again...hungover.out again..then try recover before work :p:D

Have to make a new char for snowbourne though ..... that Hobbit intro sounded cool, might go for that :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the Dwarf intro is? The Human and Hobbit intro and storylines tell the same thing from different angles, so I was wondering if the Elf and Dwarf do the same.

Advertisement