Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Good idea, I'll get on it when I'm home later. Also, any further developments in choosing an actual leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well there's not much we can do at moment until a core group that is online regularly establishes itself.

The most I've seen online at any one time is 2.

I've made a character name thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055090586

So if everyone could sign up there as it's difficult to sift through this thread to find out who everyone is.

I've made a character name thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055090586

So if everyone could sign up there as it's difficult to sift through this thread to find out who everyone is.
    Good thinking!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone knew if you have two characters on the one server, can both of them join a kinship? My main is a Hunter, but after talking to my mate about the kinship, I decided to create a Minstrel alt to provide a more varied group (at the time, and I think still, the kinship has mainly hunters, a couple of champions, a captain and a burglar).

Edit: okay monkeyfudge, you're now an officer of the Knights of Boards. Congratulations!

Yep... so if anyone who wants to join up sends a tell to my character (Mongoling) when he's online I'll be able to sign you up to the kinship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Did you guys get a forum sorted yet?
    I could be able to work something out with the Irish E-Sports forums.

The clan is expanding into all sorts of games and the main page will be getting a revamp accordingly.
    We have for example CSS forums, Battlefield 2142 forums. Basically any forum for a game where the guild/clan has an active playerbase situated.

The clan leader, "Hercule" on the forums, has said he wants to expand with no limits as to what games.
    So if you guys wanted, you could have a website, forums and dedicated Teamspeak server Wink
    You'd be coming under the "wing" of IE but obviously that doesn't mean you'd have to name the guild Irish E-sports, lol. Nothing in game would have to change infact.

Just an idea I guess.
    We have a Warhammer Online forum which I imagine will pick up in activity around the time of its release.

With an active community playing different games, we could even be tempted to join one and other.

Also note that it isn't just Irish people only, nor is there a rule that someone must be Irish to join. ;D

Just thought I'd throw that out there for yas. You're all more than welcome I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

hello

just picked up lotro the other day. this my fist mmo game and i am having some great fun. i am new to this type of game would like to join this boards kinship.

are guys actively playing together.

Myself and Blitzkrieg are on a good bit and have been teaming up a good bit. The rest of the kinship aren't as active just yet.

Send a tell to myself, Mongoling or Aodhor if you want an invite. I should be online after 18.00 today.

We're on the Snowbourn server, so make sure you're on that one and post up the details of your character here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055090586

Humanji send me a tell and I'll invite your alt to the kinship.

hello

just picked up lotro the other day. this my fist mmo game and i am having some great fun. i am new to this type of game would like to join this boards kinship.

are guys actively playing together.

If you're on Snowbourn, you'll find us. You can plop down you details here, and someone will add you when you and they are both on at the same time (in theory)

As for the game... I'm really enjoying it now.

My hobbit burglar is level 17.

Starting off the Shire was a bit too big and spread out and it was hard to keep track of the quests.. but you soon get used to it.

A lot of imagination has gone into the quests... they never feel too tiresome and the little storylines always branch off into interesting places.

I'm working my way through my epic quests at the moment and I'm up to chapter 10... I'll need a large fellowship to take that one on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i probably wont be on tonight, havnt slept at all last night and i have work tomarrow so i'll b turning in early evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

i will be online today at about nine ill send you message if your are online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Im still on Elrand :eek: cause 4 of my clanmates got the game an all joined it too:) :) , so theyre keeping me company,

Im lvl 22, ran all the way to rivendell there the other day :p:p

Really enjoying the game tbh, 2 questions

Im a hunter , ive bought 2 instrument skills, then bought a 3rd instrument, but cant buy a 3rd skill ?? are you only allowed have 2 instrument skills ? :eek: :confused:

Also, can Hunters ever equip shields ?, or get one of them double ended spear/sword thingys like in the films :):D

Horses cost 4.25 gold :eek: :eek: ,best start saving

Only minstrels can play more than 2 instruments as far as I know.

crap :(

I had bought the 3rd one before i knew this :(

Bought a lute to start with, which is great, then a clarinet..theyre crap:rolleyes: , then a Harp..which i really wanna give a bash but now i cant:confused:

Guess i gots to make a new char for that:o

Question, if you make a new char...on the same server as another char you have, can u send mail to an fro from them ?? i.e send him loads of money n stuff

SeantheMan wrote:
    Question, if you make a new char...on the same server as another char you have, can u send mail to an fro from them ?? i.e send him loads of money n stuff
    I don't see any reason why you can't.

I believe it's called twinking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im totally bored of lotro right now.
    After playing pre release and now full release and getting a char to lvl 40 and 2 or 3 more in their 20s i can really see how far it is from wow, dont kill me ,its just my opinion :)
    Maybe later on it will take me from wow but until then ive happily gone back to wow and even appreciate it more than ever as have my wow guild mates who also liked lotro in the beginning,, oh well another wow wannabe doesnt cut it :(

Dcully wrote:
    Im totally bored of lotro right now.
    After playing pre release and now full release and getting a char to lvl 40 and 2 or 3 more in their 20s

How in gods name ?? :eek:

Did you take a month off work or something to play the game ??

I thought i was doin well at lvl22

Maybe you shouldnt try racing through it ?? as its just new :rolleyes:

Also, nothing to do with CUlly here, or anyone else, but im sure that anyone who's read the book will also get a lot more enjoyment out of it :D , i know i am

I broke my heart laughin when i got to Tom Bombadillos house and he started skipping away :):)

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!/ Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!/ Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How in gods name ??

Did you take a month off work or something to play the game ??

I work at home,gaming pc is beside work stuff-not sure if thats a good thing though :P

No offence m8 but your obviously new to mmo`s :) ?
    Thats not a cut m8,im just saying anyone used to mmo`s will lvl really fast is all :)
    You can level to 20 in a couple of 3 hour sittings m8,remember ive been playing since pre release :)

I agree ,the lore is very nice as are the gfx but as an mmo its just nowhere near wow YET imo.
    WOW wasnt what it is today on release either,maybe lotro will improve in a huge way,i hope it does but by them warhammer online will be released and owned them all :P

I think many are playing this game for the lotr lore etc which is great and fine but as an mmo fan im finding it lacking in a big way and just not fun to me.
    Again ,please dont shoot me,its just my opinion and reply to Seantheman when he said if i read the books etc id enjoy more :)
    Ive 15 days left on subs but ive cancelled and uninstalled the game,if it improves as i think it will i shall be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

How do you work from home? What do you do? Does it pay well?
    Offtopic I know, sorry.
    It's just I was thinking about getting a job where you work from home because it would help A LOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

If anyone's interested, my kinship on Laurelin the RP server is "Servants of the Secret Fire". We're an RP kinship on an RP server though, so no leetspeek or any of that rubbish allowed. And things like DPS and AOE are never mentioned.

If you're interested, find out more at www.shannonlan.com

Cheers,
    Alatar

Dcully wrote:
    I work at home,gaming pc is beside work stuff-not sure if thats a good thing though :P

Thats not a cut m8,im just saying anyone used to mmo`s will lvl really fast is all :)
    You can level to 20 in a couple of 3 hour sittings m8,remember ive been playing since pre release :)

I agree ,the lore is very nice as are the gfx but as an mmo its just nowhere near wow YET imo.
    WOW wasnt what it is today on release either,maybe lotro will improve in a huge way,i hope it does but by them warhammer online will be released and owned them all :P

I think many are playing this game for the lotr lore etc which is great and fine but as an mmo fan im finding it lacking in a big way and just not fun to me.
    Again ,please dont shoot me,its just my opinion and reply to Seantheman when he said if i read the books etc id enjoy more :)
    Ive 15 days left on subs but ive cancelled and uninstalled the game,if it improves as i think it will i shall be back :)

Fair points and all take on board :rolleyes: :p
    Each to his own :rolleyes:
    I personally love it :D , but wont dedicate to one game, still BF2in it up and moh :p to keep me sane:eek:
    Im lookin forward to this update to see what they do with the Music system :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Dcully wrote:

I love the game. Was a bit slow at the start (up to lvl 15) but now its great (lvl 30 minstrel atm).
    I think what I like about it the most is that you dont have to go out and kill things all the time like WoW, I have spent countless hours playing music with other people, just running around chatting or working on my crafting.

The other part is that there is hardly any grinding, no factions to grind, no spawncamping, no 14year olds running around screaming in every chatchannel, I find it a lot more peaceful and relaxing than WoW. I just love the amount of quests they have, and that there is a story behind a lot of them, and the epic questline is a nice touch. Running around is a bit annoying but I'm only 5 levels from my mount (which costs 4220 silver incase anyone wants to know).

Apart from the loginservers, which wasn't turbines fault, I think the launch was amazingly smooth. Game doesn't have many bugs which is amazing for a newly launched MMO.

When it comes to graphics, im not sure what system you have but I just bought a new graphics card (X1950 Pro) and my system is fairly good so I maxed out all the settings, and I think I spent a good hour just running around looking at everything while smoking my pipe, cause it looked amazing (especially the sky). Maxing all settings made a huge difference in how it looks though.

My absolutely only complaint is that servers are getting a bit crowded so they should add more, but otherwise I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I love the game as well, but only play a couple of hours a night, and as likely as not I'll just be running around or chatting with guys in the kinship. I have the lifetime sub and so there is no rush. There are lvl 48's in my kinship and I started before them, just shows that some people go balls out on the quests and dont see the game at all ...

What bugs me now is that I was playing an alt and at lvl 9 near the blackwold HQ I was about to mine a copper node and got attacked by a wolf or something and had to fight it ...... and a lvl 42 rode up on a horse and ninja'd my fncking node. So, there are some of those 15 year olds playing .... he ignored tells and was not in a kinship (not surprising really)

BigEejit wrote:
    I was about to mine a copper node and got attacked by a wolf or something and had to fight it ...... and a lvl 42 rode up on a horse and ninja'd my fncking node.

Love the wording there mate....ninja'd :) , brought a smile to my face :p

BigEejit wrote:
    There are lvl 48's in my kinship and I started before them, just shows that some people go balls out on the quests and dont see the game at all ...

I'm the same way. I don't get to play enough to be able to level as quickly as everyone else, so I just decided to sit back and enjoy the ride :)
    BigEejit wrote:
    What bugs me now is that I was playing an alt and at lvl 9 near the blackwold HQ I was about to mine a copper node and got attacked by a wolf or something and had to fight it ...... and a lvl 42 rode up on a horse and ninja'd my fncking node.

That happens a lot to me too. Last time, a guy at the same level of me did it, so I just stopped fighting the goblin who had attacked me and ran by the guy. The goblin followed me as I ran, but then lost interest, went back to where he started (beside the guy who was stealing my node) and started attacking him. So I just ran back to the node, mined it and laughed at the little fecker! :D

I think one of the tough things, is tryin to get a decent fellowship together for a quest :eek:

Im sat outside the Great Barrow in the barrow dows waiting so i can get into a fellowship and do the 2 missions i have down there:(

Too many hunters and champions i think

Deffo gonna have to make a loremaster or minstrel as theyre high in demand i think for quest purposes :rolleyes:

Yep.. spent about 4 hours trying to do the Great Barrow missions last night.. and most of that was just waiting around.

Worth it in the end though.. I've got lots of lovely equipment now.

Ye some good stuff i wanna get outta there. :)

Im still pretty bummed that hunters cant wear heavy armour or have shields :p

I had pictured my man at Lvl50 lookin like the elves at the last Alliance of Men and Elves vrs Sauron wutg tge ciik armour and the double ended spear/sword thingys :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

FFS Have had this game a week and still cant install it due to a client.dat install error that i still cant fix and codemasters couldnt be arsed with a patch.

Advertisement