Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet Dick Roche

Options
  • 28-04-2007 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

frontpageimage.jpg

From the Irish Times :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

cant wait for Dick Head to knock on my door...Bertyie and co. OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved to General Election forum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

daithilocha... I have specially imported some Galway water to make Dick and his canvassing friends a nice cup of tea.
    I think he should sample what his inaction is making the people of Galway have to put up with last couple of months.
    Failing that I think a bucket of the offending pollutant over the head would do wonders for his complexion.
    He really does have a f***** neck appearing in newspapers with models and a water pipe harping on about clean water.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I think it was one of the most stupid stunts I have ever seen. I couldn't believe it

There is an election coming up in a few weeks, the people of Galway, a major tourist town, are being poisoned from the drinking water out of their own taps.

Dick Roche, The Minister for the Environment, full of his own importance, who probably at that stage knew the exact date for the election, manages to turn what was an exellent opportunity for some very positive publicity for the party into a complete unmitigated disaster.

He goes down and tells the locals that it's the fault of their own CoCo instead of going down on a damage limitation exercise, full of concern, throwing money around like snuff at a wake in order to keep the locals onside for a few more weeks.

Bertie should have taken the bull by the horns and sacked him for incompetence. I wonder how many seats this gaff is going to cost them.

Well done Dick (you absolute plonker!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

>> Bertie should have taken the bull by the horns and sacked him for incompetence. I wonder how many seats this gaff is going to cost them.

Well if he sacked Dick for incompetence why not sack Martin Cullen, Seamus Brennan, Mary Harney, Michael McDougal (magic roundabout himself), Michael Martin etc etc etc.
    After all these have all shown their incompetence in varying ways and to varying degress over the last 5/10 years.
    Or would you call the disasters in transport, health, e-voting excercises in competence?

He would not sack Dick since he was only following this governments usual low standards.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Haaa, I still have my Iodine tablets, though they're 2 years past their use by date!
    From what I remember he was responsible for this as well, google cache throws up this page, deleted from environ.ie :)

Had some elderly Fianna Fail campaigner knocking on my door ealier. Politely said I wouldn't be voting FF, time for a change etc. when she kept insisting, I showed her the tablets and asked if she remembered what these were! She ran fairly quick, bumping into Sean Haughey on the way out "Don't go in there!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

jmayo wrote:
    daithilocha... I have specially imported some Galway water to make Dick and his canvassing friends a nice cup of tea.
    I think he should sample what his inaction is making the people of Galway have to put up with last couple of months.
    Failing that I think a bucket of the offending pollutant over the head would do wonders for his complexion.
    He really does have a f***** neck appearing in newspapers with models and a water pipe harping on about clean water.

Nice idea but it would have to be a cold cup of tea then...

Advertisement