Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband - Home Pro vs Business Starter

Options
  • 28-04-2007 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi,

I haven't been paying too much attention to my broadband package cos it works, etc. I've been on the Home Professional package since year dot - which is expensive compared to the next package down (€54 vs €30)

But I feel like a right mug now that I can see the Business Starter package is the same price, but better speed and bigger cap!

Question is, does anyone know if there are any differences between these packages? Why would I stay on the Home Pro? Why would anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

because you need to be a registered Business to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Have you looked at NTL, Digiweb, Smart, BT, UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

WellyJ wrote:

Is that true (for a fact) or are you suggesting this as a reason why someone gets one over the other...

watty wrote:
    Have you looked at NTL, Digiweb, Smart, BT, UTV?

As I said, I haven't been paying much attention. But I've got to update myself on what's available, so any suggestions on the best value are welcome. I'm in Dundrum, and close to the local exchange. Not sure if I even need a phone line anymore TBH, cos wife and both kids all have mobiles...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Check out http://www.smarttelecom.ie/ if you can get smart i would go with them, if not check out utv or bt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

the ericom site can be confusing..... all the home stuff prices listed include vat, and businness prices exclue it.

you might be looking at a dearer package which would explain the faster downloads and bigger cap

edit.... checked the site and they are both 3mb lines???

Tivoli wrote:
    the ericom site can be confusing..... all the home stuff prices listed include vat, and businness prices exclue it.

you might be looking at a dearer package which would explain the faster downloads and bigger cap

edit.... checked the site and they are both 3mb lines???
    I just checked too. I must've been mistaken about the 4MB ... strange :confused:

It's still got the extra 10G cap though!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

bardcom wrote:
    I just checked too. I must've been mistaken about the 4MB ... strange :confused:

It's still got the extra 10G cap though!

The price for Eircom Broadband Home Professional and Eircom Broadband Business Starter is exactly the same. The two differences are the business package has a 40GB cap as opposed to 30GB on Home Professional. However, the Business package comes with high interleaving, the latency is rubbish (i.e. pings are dire). The Home Professional is by far the better product.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

i.e. VOIP also is poor if interleave is high.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

WellyJ wrote:
    Not true, I had Eircom Business Starter for a while a year or so ago. They offered it to me as I asked for something with a bigger cap, and were fully aware that I was a residential customer.

I'm on Smart now though, which is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 prittstick

If you're in Dundrum you should check out Digiwebs packages, i'm using them and im happy, you can also dump eircom...see if any of them would suit you

Advertisement