Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vibrations at 120k in a 1o year old car

Options
  • 28-04-2007 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm just wondering how normal is it to get noticeable feedback from the steering wheel and vibration in 10 year old car (Nissan Primera) when driving at 120 km/h? In my old car, I was sharing it and couldn't ever use it for long motorway journeys so I'm not sure if this is normal of not. Things only start to get noticeable at around 105 km/h. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

bring it too a tire center and ask to have your wheels balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Wheel balancing for sure. My old Primera did exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its worth checking the wheel for the sign of a lost balance weight

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

First of all check the condition of your tyres. Make sure there are no bulges in the tyre walls. Also make sure they are inflated as per the manufacturer's recommendations.

Also bring the car to a tyre centre and get the wheels balanced, 90% of the time a vibration in the steering wheel at speed is a result of wheels not being balanced correctly. This should only cost around €30 or €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bazz26 wrote:
    First of all check the condition of your tyres. Make sure there are no bulges in the tyre walls. Also make sure they are inflated as per the manufacturer's recommendations.

Also bring the car to a tyre centre and get the wheels balanced, 90% of the time a vibration in the steering wheel at speed is a result of wheels not being balanced correctly. This should only cost around €30 or €40.

All of the above plus it could be wear in a component (track rod end, ball joint) but get the balancing done first and take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fitzgese wrote:
    Vibrations at 120k in a 1o year old car
    Just pull back on hte joystick and you can take off! :D

Advertisement