Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iced Earth - Overture Of The Wicked - Opinions

• 28-04-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

After just listening to it I have to say I'm fairly disappointed.

The new song Ten thousand Strong is quite good, nothing amazing , but the remake of the wicked trilogy is really weak. I'll have a listen to it again later maybe it'll grow on me. Just a few things that bothered me about it:

Prophecy - The guitar tone is nowhere near as good as in the original, it's lost all its power. Actually its like that on all the three tracks :(

Birth of the Wicked - the worst of the bunch I think, as much as I hate to say it, Ripper's vocals just annoy me on this one.

The Coming Curse - I'm not to sure about this one, I miss the piano intro and the wah solo bothers me too.

Like I said maybe they'll grow on me but i was just expecting more. What do you guys think of em?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Prophecy is nearly a different song, I didn't even listen to Birth of the Wicked because I don't want to risk ruining that song for myself, and as you said they left out the piano into to The Coming Curse. All the songs lack the passion and power they had before. Sure, the production is technically better, but it sounds stale and bland. Ten Thousand Strong just bored me. It's a real shame how they've steadily gone downhill since Dark Saga (not counting Alive in Athens since that's one of the best live records ever imo). Also I can't stand Tim Owen's vibrato, something about it just does my head in :mad:

Advertisement