Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista deleting 2nd HDD

• 28-04-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Another Vista problem...

On 2 occasions now when I reboot Vista after installing drivers for something chkdsk kicks in on restart and deletes everything from a 2nd hard drive I have. The first time it deleted loads of video files the second time only 1 file. Now the drive is not accessible when I try to explore it. Is the drive corrupted beyond repair? The first time it happened I formatted the drive and it seemed ok, I don't want to go messing with it again incase I'm wasting my time.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It could be the start of a failing hdd. You can get a hdd regenerator, I seen one recover a hdd not too long ago so that it could be ghosted to a new drive. I will find out what its called and post it here. How old is the drive in question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Hal1 wrote:
    It could be the start of a failing hdd. You can get a hdd regenerator, I seen one recover a hdd not too long ago so that it could be ghosted to a new drive. I will find out what its called and post it here. How old is the drive in question?

Thanks mate. The drive is roughly a year and a half old.

Right, the program ████████ I mentioned to you earlier is from ████████, I dont know if you are familar with it. You need to download this and burn onto a disk, and set the cdrom or dvd to boot first by entering the bios program. That will load up the ████████. Navigate your way to the HDD Tools section and locate ████████and run it on the failing hdd. This is just one way to recover a bad or failing hdd and there are many usefull tools all on the████████t will save you having to google everytime something goes wrong with your pc.

Hope you are able to follow all that. :)

READ the charter on Crackz and Warez /CM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

This is NOT a recomendation for this program - it's a link to the price.

http://www.dposoft.net/
    HDD Regenerator 1.51 $59.95
    HDD Regenerator is a unique program for regeneration of physically damaged hard disk drives. It does not hide bad sectors, it really restores them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement

There is a list of freeware utilities on the site. I tought that particular item was freeware sorry for any upset or breech of forum rules. :o

Advertisement