Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Boards Guild!

Options
  • 28-04-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Well as you can see they are still accepting groups of applicants for beta.

I'm gonna use this thread as a sort of Roll Call for anyone interested.

Firstly, we would need our own site/forums for whatever the guild will be.
    We would need some Leaders, web/forum designer.
    Possibly someone who can make flash videos or whatever.

Please state if you can make forums or whatever.

Who's up for it?
    Count me in.
    I can't make the site or forums for it though.
    I'd be willing to take charge though, even dig out some cool name from the Warhammer universe and use it for a guild name.
    What type of guild do you think we should be?
    Aim for a big pvp crazed blood thirsty bunch? Or casual or what?

PvP is definitly my choice ofcourse. The said this game will have unmatched PvP, I'm sure gonna put that to the test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im up for it for sure! Im sure we could get a forum on boards.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Not sure if that would suffice after reading :
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/community/guildBeta/form.php

I think we need to have our own site or forums, or maybe both.
    Hopefully just an active forum would do.
    Still we will probably go on to make a guild and all play the same server when the actual game is released. So having an official site might be handy in the long run hehe.

Btw, what race would everyone prefer.
    I don't care really. I'm well past the "omg that one looks coolest" phase in MMO games as I've learned a well organised group can make their race/class look superior to all others. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I'd love to join this, I was going to play a chaos warrior.

i have no forum or web site design experience. but I'll chip in anyway I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

would love to join.
    but gots me a guild from swg and we're all movin to warhammer together.

Great, that's one vote for Chaos :D

• Advertisement

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    would love to join.
    but gots me a guild from swg and we're all movin to warhammer together.

Well just make sure we all join the same server so you will be able to join us when we rule :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was planing on going Ork with the rest of the SA Goons, but after seeing the Chaos vid I feel the calling of the eight pointed star :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

How do you sign up for the beta? I thought they were randomly choosing people from the mailing list?

I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter ;)

Oh and a Warhammer board would be great too :p

Ivan wrote:
    How do you sign up for the beta? I thought they were randomly choosing people from the mailing list?

I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter ;)

Oh and a Warhammer board would be great too :p

They're doing what Darkfall were doing, only accepting people in guilds, as in they are only accepting guilds as a whole.
    It's there in link I posted in one of my replies. You can see the brief form.

So we have untill next week to form a guild kinda. Should have a site up for then too or at least a week after.

It is, in a sense, a clever way to get in to the beta. Form a group with a load of people and make your site and forums and off ye go.
    But I'm talking about a guild we can carry on with in the final release an expand on. No point not doing that really.

I agree a boards.ie warhammer board would be nice. But if we set up one for the guild through a site it could be used instead, maybe.

Two votes for Destruction.
    I'm kinda liking that Tier3 set for the Chaos dude, with the eyes in the armour. Very "impending doom" feel to it, lol.
    Any ideas on guild names hehe

Order Population Control ?
    :P

(getting into beta means we wont have to wait so long to play it)

Two officers from each guild will be invited to join an internal message board, and participation in message board discussions will be mandatory. Please do not apply if you will be unable to participate at this level. Should a selected guild not submit the required feedback, the guild will be removed.

Also note that part. Could get some nice inside info from those discussions. They'd be very interesting I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I've been watching this game for the last few months. Count me in. Dont mind which faction or race. Ill be a healer of some sort

Nice one. :D

Just been reading some more about it and what strikes me the most was the ability to "grow" in game.
    Like the Greenskins literally grow as they get more powerfull.
    Chaos change form as they mutate more, Empire grow in their physique, Dwarves beadrs grow and everyone can attach trophies to their look, gathered from pvp or pve.
    I'm thinking a skull impaled on the spike you put on your shield :eek:
    That would be nice.

I really wanna try the beta at some stage...
    C'mon lads, if you are going to try this game out just reply here =/

Erm... well I've been reading more and more and digging a little deeper and it seems that the beta is, so far, for the USA only.
    No mention of an EU beta.
    Going by history, there hardly ever is an EU beta.

Crap!

On a side note, it seems everyone is looking to be Chaos =/
    I hope the dark elves have some cool designs to help balance it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In that case, lets all go over to boards.us, say we are from kansas, and join anyway. And you can definatly count me in. Bar Eve, this is the only MMO that has any real interest for me.

Oh, and i dont mind what race. Chaos would be pretty cool, but wont anyone whos going "bad" pick Chaos?

Yeah chaos seem to outweigh every other race, and destruction have twice as many pre formed guilds as order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I haven't read any of the fan forums in a while, but in the newsletters it has shown people from both the US and Europe being selected for the initial beta testing.

As for a character, given that I've been playing chaos in the tabletop warhmmer games for the last 20 years or so, guess what I'll be picking here? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sinister

I'll be getting it as soon as it's released and i'll be picking chaos too, a spellcaster of some sort would be my choice.
    So you can count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Also interested finished playing Wow a few months ago, need my fix... 1/4 08 is too far away

Ok well it turns out the battlefield clan I'm in is now a multi game clan and will be applying for WAR beta and regardless of being accepted, will be playing it.

Nearly 40 members in the clan. Irish E-Sports it's called but I dont think that name would be kept or very fitting for the WAR universe.

Most of the clan have played their fair share of MMO's.
    I'd rather have a lot of members ready to go on day one than gradually recruiting randoms as you progress, so I'll ask about recruiting and directing peopel from here to our forums.

I'll just run it by the leader, Hercule is his name on forums, but I'm pretty sure it would be ok.
    Once he says, then we can direct people to the forums I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Cool, let us know how this works out... Shame though, a boardsie guild would have been awesome :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll just have to make sure we all know in advance what server we should start on when it goes retail. Then we can still have a proper guild, even if it isn't till 2008.

I was thinking the same too but we arent going to get too high a level in the first day so theres no worries in changing over while at a low level.
    But yeh sooner the better.

We can just try out a few of the EU servers and see which gives the best ping.

Ivan wrote:
    Cool, let us know how this works out... Shame though, a boardsie guild would have been awesome :(
    Should have a response in a few hours.
    Well it would still kinda be a boards guild, just not using the Boards.ie as its main forum. :(
    Still anyone Irish in the game could come and join.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

yeah sure more the merrier - i want the clan to grow into many games so i signed up with that hope in mind head over to our forums on http://www.irish-esports.com/
    and post in the warhammer beta section if you want to learn more :D

ive managed to get my clans into several betas in the past so a bit of clout might go a long way when applying

Sweet!
    So there it is. An Irish based guild for WAR established.

Open for recruitment.
    lol

So umm.. just to clarify.
    If anyone is interested in an Irish based guild for this game then head over HERE
    Takes a sec to register and a few of you allready have.

Haven't decided 100% on what race to go for but so far it's tipping to Chaos' favour.
    Not chosen a name either yet so if you have a cool idea for one let us know at the forums.

The website is Battlefield2142 themed as that is all that IE played at the time.
    We've only just recently expanded into other games and don't really plan on stopping tbh.
    So obviously, the site and forums will not be in their current state indefinitely.

gogogo join.

Advertisement