Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heinz Ketchup or Chef Ketchup?

Options
  • 28-04-2007 6:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

My searches didnt turn up anything on this already but feel free to correct me if im wrong!

Im curious as to which ketchup people prefer and why. My missus prefers chef but i prefer heinz as it has a smoother taste. therefore we always have 2 bottles of sauce in the house!!

Your thoughts?

Which Tomato sauce do you prefer? 140 votes

Heinz Ketchup
    0% 0 votes
    Chef Ketchup
    57% 80 votes
    Dont like Ketchup
    42% 60 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'm a heinz man myself. Although a little chef hits the spot from time to time. But I'm a regular heinz user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 biaduit

5 years in Pittsburgh the home of Heinz converted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Who said they dont like ketchup, weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heinz by far. Chef is vile - too vinegary!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't eat chef red so I don't know, but it's brown is great!
    Heinz red is gooood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Chef with waffles and Heinz on burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Heinz is the best, Chef is utterly vile. All other ketchups are in between but Chef is definitely bottom of the pile and Heinz is definitely top.

Also Chef probably gave rise to the term red sauce. Do you want red sauce with that? No, I want ketchup, you moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

:eek: What? There's a thread on this? Chef is nicest by far, Heinz belongs more in the Kandee/generic supermarket own brand style of ketchup.

The only thing that this poll will highlight is that the uneducated majority will plump for the bland, tasteless muck that is Heinz while those of us with fully functioning taste-buds will choose Chef;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

faceman wrote:
    My searches didnt turn up anything on this already but feel free to correct me if im wrong!

Im curious as to which ketchup people prefer and why. My missus prefers chef but i prefer heinz as it has a smoother taste. therefore we always have 2 bottles of sauce in the house!!

Your thoughts?

actually there was quite a long thread recently and many more before that!
    (edit: although the big poll link (2nd one below) seems down now, archive not working I guess, heniz won by
    a landslide 70% to 26%)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055058048

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2054940242

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

chef on hot dogs, heinz on everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Heinz ketchup all the way.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I prefer Chef myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Its got to be heinz all the way chef is nasty stuff. I was in a bar in Dublin city centre once and saw the lounge girl filling heinz bottles with chef ketchup!!!:eek: There was no disguising it though as it tastes so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Jimoslimos wrote:
    :eek: What? There's a thread on this? Chef is nicest by far, Heinz belongs more in the Kandee/generic supermarket own brand style of ketchup

For some reason I like love Heinz all year round but I tend to go for Chef durin the summer! I really have no idea why! My main point being: Kandee is f*cken horrifically disgusting! Eugh! Even the thought of it, f*cken shocking!

I am partial to he heinz myself!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Heinz Harald Frentzen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chef all the way.

wyndham wrote:
    Heinz Harald Frentzen.
    Yeah....he was always trying to 'ketchup' with the other drivers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Yeah....he was always trying to 'ketchup' with the other drivers!

stone him! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Chef no question

Try it, you'll never go back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pacifico wrote:
    Chef no question

tried it once [shivers]

never again! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

chef on breakfast roles otherwise heinz

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Pacifico wrote:
    Chef no question

you're right, i tried it and I will never go back to it. it's rotten.

I was in a bar in Dublin city centre once and saw the lounge girl filling heinz bottles with chef ketchup!!!:eek:.
    And there you have the reason why so many people THINK they prefer Heinz, tis actually Chef they're tasting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Heinz all the way for me. Nothing better than a bacon sambo smothered with Heinz Ketchup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

When I was younger, I used to love CHef,I suppose it appealed to my sweet tooth, but afer recently trying it again, I've realised that it's awful. Sickly sweet and wretch-inducing.

Yorkshire Relish for teh win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Heinz is watery crap.

Chef ftw.

Yorkshire Relish > all tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

I used to love chef until they rejigged the recipe and put garlic in it now its just vile.

So where to find a good ketchup that tastes just like chef used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Heinz is the shizzle. Chef is way too vinegary and only used in emergencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    :eek: What? There's a thread on this? Chef is nicest by far, Heinz belongs more in the Kandee/generic supermarket own brand style of ketchup.

The only thing that this poll will highlight is that the uneducated majority will plump for the bland, tasteless muck that is Heinz while those of us with fully functioning taste-buds will choose Chef;)

+1 yep its chef.
    Little known brand called daddies up until two years ago wasnt bad, dont seem to sell it anymore. I love the serious topics

Advertisement