Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of ye surfers lose yer wedding ring?

Options
  • 28-04-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

After coming out of the water I found a wedding ring in the sand on the beach at Stradbally, Co. Kerry (by Castlegregory, on Brandon Bay). Inscription reads "Anne-Marie, 24th May 2002". Anyone own it? Or know who might? Lots of surfers out that day, seems like it could have been one of us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Probably worth asking on irishsurfer.com and longboardireland.com too. There's a strong Kerry contingent on longboardireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

oh man that sucks. Fair play to you for trying to find the person. I remember I was surfing with a guy I know a while back in Strandhill and his thumb ring slipped off his hand down into the water. He then proceeded to dive into the water around where he was floating a couple time with his board bobing above him. Funny thing was that he actually found it. His girlfriend got it for him so he was fecking delighted to have it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

Enygma wrote:
    Probably worth asking on irishsurfer.com and longboardireland.com too. There's a strong Kerry contingent on longboardireland.

Couldn't get onto longboardireland.com - could someone do me a favour and post a link to this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Devinho wrote:
    Couldn't get onto longboardireland.com - could someone do me a favour and post a link to this thread?

Done http://longboardirl.2.fo*****.com/index.php?showtopic=2867

Brilliant, many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

any luck finding the owner, maybe the local radio station where u found it may put out a message on the radio.

Given the bank holiday weekend that was in it I reckon it was someone from out of the area.

Btw, the guards suggested I contact the local parish priest. Not sure what to make of that, to be honest!

Must go to the UK surfers' sites too, might've been a visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Devinho wrote:
    Btw, the guards suggested I contact the local parish priest. Not sure what to make of that, to be honest!

to check the list of weddings on that date I presume....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

yeah going to the parish priest would be a sensible thing to do, is there a date on it? or any names, i dont know much about wedding rings.

Advertisement