Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpected bonus from Overclockers

• 28-04-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I thought I was going mad....but apparently not.

Finished a quick new build yesterday morning with the following:

Gigabyte DS3P
    Intel Core2Duo 6300
    2gb GSkill DDRII 6400
    Akasa Mirage
    Various sundry bits and bobs

Anyhoo...still burning in so running at stock ATM. I was checking the RAM timings with CPU-Z tonight. Noticed that the CPU was reported as being a 6320 and having 4mb cache. Odd report bearing in mind I had a 6300 with only 2mb....must be an old version of CPU-Z thinks me. Several downloads, one BIOS update and some swearing later and CPU still being reported as 6320 with 4mb cache.
    Eventually I my brain tells me to actually look at the retail box for the CPU...Low and behold it IS a 6320 with 4mb cache. How nice of Overclockers to give me a free upgrade :D
    Anyone know how well the 6320's clock?

Just thought I would share my good fortune with you all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

they seem to clock allright 3.2 3.5 region.i got me a e6420 of komplett and cant wait to see what i get out of it with my dfi.

you probly paid the same amount ?or did you pay for how much a e6300 costs now.

what you think of the mirage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

They don't list the 6300 anymore...but I paid less than they are listing the 6320 for now.

The Mirage is lovely...noisy though...loudest things are my hard drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

jesus your lucky, im waiting 30 days for a graphics card rma from them. And they are refusing to give me my money back untill the manufacturer credit them. It is the last time i will use them ever again.

Ignorant customer support.
    1 line replies.
    3 days to answer a webnote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

yeah had the same problem with my motherboard in overclockers but weirdly i sent it back cause i thought the jumper was F**ked but asus sent me an email saying they we're so sorry that they sent me a board without a bios and sent me an asus P5B deluxe vista edition board with the screen and all. Pity its going into my dad's computer....

Never had to RMA with Overcolckers :::fingers crossed:::

30 days is just out of order. Longest I've ever had to wait was about three weeks with komplett..faulty 9800pro which tells you how long ago it was!

• Advertisement

I have now sorted it with overclockers. I quoted the sales of doos act 1979, and also threatened them with legal action if my money wasnt refunded. After that email, 13 mins later to be exact I had a email stating i would have a refund within 3-5 days.

Score one for the little guys :D

Anti wrote:
    I quoted the sales of doos act

Never heard of that act before :D

It's sad when you have to start quoting legislation in order to get your rights respected. I'm guessing that Overclockers won't be getting much business from you in the future.

Nah they wont at all. And i have spent atleast 10k over the last 18 months/2 years with them.

I was genrally quite happy with them up untill this point. Now id rather pay more from another site if i am going to get better customer service.

Looks like komplett.ie will make 2K off me for my quad core build in a short while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

I rma'd RAM to them which took 7 weeks..... I hate their phone service, you are in queue position 2, you are in queue position 1, you have been disconnected :mad: if i ever can at all ill go with komplett, ive yet to get a problem with them but sometimes overclockers have prices to good to pass on...

Any luck overclocking the 6320 i'd be interested to hear how these new processors fair out.

The average reports are that it will easilly hit 2.8ghz on stock voltage, on stock cooler. Nothing amazing, but good for a cheap chip.

And yeah i prefered overclockers because of their price, but their service is terrible, ill use dabs and komplett from now on.

*edit*

More troubles with overclockers.co.uk:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086494

• Advertisement
Advertisement