Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PO Box questions

Options
  • 28-04-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys

i was thinking of setting up a PO Box so i downloaded the application forum from the An Post website but i have a couple of questions i hope you guys can help me with

1. will i have to present identification?

2. i just moved out of my parents house to a friends house
    so what address will i put down? (does it matter)

3. can i use my mobile number?

i would appreciate if you could answer any of theses questions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭broadsheet

an post will be a nightmare to deal with i bet. Nothing is straight forward with these guys. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Are you opening a po box for business purposes if so dont bother.it looks tacky, most large companies wont send items to po box addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

broadsheet wrote:
    an post will be a nightmare to deal with i bet. Nothing is straight forward with these guys. Good luck.

Not true: One form, plus payment = box number ready for use right away.

I brought ID the first few times I collected the post but, after that the staff got to know me so it was never asked for again.

As for looking unprofessional - it depends what your business is (you'd have to wonder why, for example, a solicitor would use a PO Box address). That said, many large businesses use them themselves, especially vanity addresses (a bit more expensive)... I believe even Microsoft does (or did).

Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

TommyK wrote:
    Not true: One form, plus payment = box number ready for use right away.

I brought ID the first few times I collected the post but, after that the staff got to know me so it was never asked for again.

As for looking unprofessional - it depends what your business is (you'd have to wonder why, for example, a solicitor would use a PO Box address). That said, many large businesses use them themselves, especially vanity addresses (a bit more expensive)... I believe even Microsoft does (or did).

Tommy.

Whats vanity addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

drdre wrote:
    Whats vanity addresses?

I emailled An post in 2003 and I'm still waiting for a reply on that one.

As for PO Boxes making the owner appear dodgy, yes I agree. But some real organisations use them, I guess they don't want callers coming to their door? e.g. Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB). PO Box 8, Clonakilty, Co. Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

drdre wrote:
    Whats vanity addresses?

It looks nicer to have a business address at

Corona Enterprises
    Po Box 123
    Ballsbridge
    D4,

than
    Corona Enterprises
    Ballyscum