Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!

Options
  • 28-04-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi, i am only a chicken of playing BF2, i just wondering can i play with 32 or 64 bots in single game? if i can what to do it? becos some1 told me that i can do this :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You'll need to install some SP mods that you can get from this site :

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dont do that
    Just stick it out, everyone starts off as a noob :)
    Controls seem daunting at first..but stick with it
    Its the best FPS in a long time ;)
    Try start off on city maps like karkand or mashtuur before being prepared to be raped by aircraft :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea stay in infantary only servers and join a squad! I dont know how or why people don't do this... It made learning the game alot more fun and easier for me seriously! :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nade spamming killed infantry mode for me on karkand. Start off with small servers, get used to aiming shooting etc. Large servers can be overwhelming at the start. Stick to one kit get used to it then progress onto the next. Bots are'nt the best to train against, an average player is 10 times and craftier than a bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You can mod your AIdefault.ai file to include more bots as default, without fear of being nuked by punkbuster. Look for the file in your BF2 install directory, open it with Notepad, and look for lines beginning with 'REM' (there's actually an explanation of how to go about it in the file itself, once you've got it opened).

A step up is to install an SP mod (look for something called BF2SP64 or the like), some variants have a front-end that let you specifiy how many bots etc. once installed. But, unlike the AIdefault.ai hack above, with these you are now risking a corruption of your install and/or one or more virus/trojans in the download.

When you're done and good with SP, go MP and have better fun still :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ambro25 wrote:
    A step up is to install an SP mod (look for something called BF2SP64 or the like), some variants have a front-end that let you specifiy how many bots etc. once installed. But, unlike the AIdefault.ai hack above, with these you are now risking a corruption of your install and/or one or more virus/trojans in the download.

Errr, by editing the file it may add bots more bots so you can play with 32 rather than 16 but the computer AI still thinks it's a 16 player map aand won't use the extra map-space.

The mods on the page I linked have been in use for years now and are tried and trusted. Setting the AI to max value will make them harder to beat than any human player.

Advertisement