Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 28-04-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Anyone think they will end up doing this all over again? I do, but im thinking would I be able to do honors english and Irish in one year and take up classical studies.

I think I would be very motivated next year to do well, and hopefully I will build up my knowledge in geog, hist and business so I wont have to spend much time on them next year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Not a hope in hell. I don't think I could put myself through this year again, what with learning new courses and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

maybe i would but i've science subjects and maths to fall on for points. i wouldn't be bothered with english and irish. thats a disaster... btw what is classical studies???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

sd123 wrote:
    btw what is classical studies???

The biggest load of balls for a subject on the LC.

I am glad I dropped it after a week in fifth year because its all about Greek mythology and fairy tales, with a bit of Architecture thrown in.
    Its about 10 times worse than History, and thats no overstatement.
    CS has a high enough failure rate and isnt the best subject for A grades.

Just look at the exam papers and you will see for yourself.
    It really astounds me why Tripe like CS is taught when the LC is in dire need of an IT related subject for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

i probably will be repeating, i always go down in the actual important exams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There was a college lecturer that posted some good advice about repeating the Leaving Cert. I don't have the time to find the post now but what I do remember is that he said you should preferably repeat the Leaving in a different school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh hell yeah!!! I hate my school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Ill never repeat.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

no way would i repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

shazzyshaz wrote:
    no way would i repeat.

Couldn't agree more. School is so boring at this stage.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I'd probably just try get a job and then go back to study when I am older

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

Nehpets wrote:
    I'd probably just try get a job and then go back to study when I am older

I totally agree with you, whats the point in stressin out if you can do the course without any points when your 23!!;)

Not if I was paid to would I repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well it may be forced on me if I fail HL maths in the lc, no way outta that and at the moment it pretty much hangs in the balance.

Aside from that, I would rather masturbate with sandpaper than go back and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

cson wrote:
    Well it may be forced on me if I fail HL maths in the lc, no way outta that and at the moment it pretty much hangs in the balance.

Aside from that, I would rather masturbate with sandpaper than go back and repeat.

Lol.
    You could get Arts or Law in UCC if you fail HL Maths. Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'd go for a PLC course then get into arts that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Rozabeez wrote:
    I'd go for a PLC course then get into arts that way.

PLC... *shudders at the thought*

Those things have always scared the crap outta me....

md99 wrote:
    PLC... *shudders at the thought*

Those things have always scared the crap outta me....

Why? you do realise PLC courses lead on to Third level courses?
    I mean, they serve a more usefull purpose than just preparing people for the Workplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

If the event of the worst case scenario, I'm heading to Fás

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Steve01 wrote:
    Fás

lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Bunch of snobs on here aren't we? Lol, Fás. Its not that bad. Better than working in say....Spar or something for the rest of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Sure all the money is in plumbing these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Man Down

Not a chance I'd repeat in my school.
    Sick of the place.

If absolute needs be I'll do a PLC or go to Yeats College in Waterford as I've a mate who just moved down there in 5th year who I could share with.

However at my worst I'm looking at about 230-250 which believe it or not will still get me in comfortably! Thank god the I.T points hike hasnt started yet! I pity the 2nd years and 3rd years!

Let me guess, Computer Science in DIT:D

No actually Multimedia Programming IADT

lolz.

Says the Institute student:rolleyes:
    Besides, Just because someone doesent want Medicine/Law/Commerce/Arts
    etc doesnt mean FAS is an option for fools.
    For example, A FAS apprenticeship is more rigourous and skilled then what Mammy and Daddy/the media lead you to Believe Roysh.

Man Down wrote:
    No actually Multimedia Programming IADT

Cool:)
    That course has a good mix of Multimedia and programming/IT.
    I am not really interested in Multimedia so Computer Science in DIT in more up my lane, but the courses have a good deal of overlap and its a very good choice if you want to work in Multimedia which DIT wont cater for unless you go with Games programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Naikon wrote:
    Says the Institute student:rolleyes:
    Besides, Just because someone doesent want Medicine/Law/Commerce/Arts
    etc doesnt mean FAS is an option for fools.
    For example, A FAS apprenticeship is more rigourous and skilled then what Mammy and Daddy/the media lead you to Believe Roysh.

You're just as bad as the stereotype you describe by placing your belief in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Rozabeez wrote:
    Bunch of snobs on here aren't we? Lol, Fás. Its not that bad. Better than working in say....Spar or something for the rest of your life.

Now that you mention it, yes - Fás > Spar. And I didn't even realise there was a fate worse than death. At least in death you can maintain some level of dignity

Naikon wrote:
    Cool:)
    That course has a good mix of Multimedia and programming/IT.
    I am not really interested in Multimedia so Computer Science in DIT in more up my lane, but the courses have a good deal of overlap and its a very good choice if you want to work in Multimedia which DIT wont cater for unless you go with Games programming.

Yeah I'm into all that kinda mulitmedia kinda stuff. Designing, editing and putting digital projects together one piece at a time! Your absolutely right about the overlap as nearly all I.T courses in the country do tend to branch out somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

Study this year...cram this year...preform miracles this year!! Im tellin ya you dot wanna repeat...its so much harder the second time and you end up looking ike crap from all the crying from regret of doing it again!! Why would you wanna put yourself through all that stress again?? Do it now...endure the pain and have no life for the next couple of weeks so you can study...beleive me youll thank me when you get your results!!!

Good luck xx

Advertisement