Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sat nav for N95 - Help required

• 29-04-2007 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

Guys im getting the n95, i just want to know how does the sat nav work.I dont want to pay data charges so is there any other way.Is it just or software or i have to subscribe .Please can someone explain this to me

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

As i said before you can

A. get the maps over the air as you raom into a new area OR
    B. use the software to load maps onto a mini sd (think its a mini) card in the phone. For turn by turn directions you have to subscribe to a service via the phone menu options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

As i said before you can

A. get the maps over the air as you raom into a new area OR
    B. use the software to load maps onto a mini sd (think its a mini) card in the phone. For turn by turn directions you have to subscribe to a service via the phone menu options.

Ah ok, i just thought its a map on the micro sd card and you dont have to subscribe :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Yeah sucks a bit having to pay for the turn by turn voice promts :(. Now im not sure if it does the route calculation without subscription, that wouldnt be so bad. I'm currently looking at getting sat nav for home and US.

Yeah sucks a bit having to pay for the turn by turn voice promts :(. Now im not sure if it does the route calculation without subscription, that wouldnt be so bad. I'm currently looking at getting sat nav for home and US.

Let me know how you get on.all i need is sat nav working i dont need voice prompts.Would that be free,do you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Having used it around Dublin a bit now I wouldn't depend on it. It tends to send you on some really wierd directions. I'll be changing to something better once I get something that supports the N95 internal GPS.

• Advertisement

Having used it around Dublin a bit now I wouldn't depend on it. It tends to send you on some really wierd directions. I'll be changing to something better once I get something that supports the N95 internal GPS.

thanks, i dont need it much but its good to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I have the N73 which I downloaded Google Maps for - Its pretty good but I'm not sure what way the costs work for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

how did you download google maps for the N73? do you mean you just go on the web and look at them, or did you get a phone application?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

lads what's the story with gps on the nokia n95.

can you load any satnav app that works with the symbian os or do you have to use the one offered by nokia (?map2go or something.. can't remember the name atm).

and if you can use other satnav apps do you always have to pay data charges for voice directions no matter what satnav app you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

ALK have announced coPilot now on N95.
    http://www.alk.eu.com/press/releases/24-04-2007_ALK_announces_CoPilot_for_Nokia_N95.pdf
    this uses NAVTEQ maps. although I think coPilot needs an online connection.

-Coley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

coley wrote:
    ALK have announced coPilot now on N95.
    http://www.alk.eu.com/press/releases/24-04-2007_ALK_announces_CoPilot_for_Nokia_N95.pdf
    this uses NAVTEQ maps. although I think coPilot needs an online connection.

-Coley.

yeah I just saw that after I posted.
    surely though you don't have to pay data charges after buying a 3rd party app like that though.
    if so that's bull$hit really.

Advertisement