Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sickener! Clipped the pillar

Options
  • 29-04-2007 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I clipped the pillar this morning coming out of the drive in the van. Deep parallel scrapes along the rear passenger quarter panel and wheel arch.

Still, at least it was only the van. For some reason, I feel better than I would if I'd done it in the Herald, or the girlfriend's Micra.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Wear it as a badge of honour, like any "White Van Man":D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

:D

It's red, but I know what you mean. I must also fabricate a suitable war-story.

" So the Boxter tries to shoot out of the gate before me, but I came up the inside and clipped a...Humveee ...on me way out..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

it happens to the best of us , it sh*t but could be worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Artmustang

overdriver wrote:
    :D

It's red, but I know what you mean. I must also fabricate a suitable war-story.

" So the Boxter tries to shoot out of the gate before me, but I came up the inside and clipped a...Humveee ...on me way out..."

convincing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Vans should look war-weary, it shows you are working long hard hours in tough conditions. :) Give yourself a payrise! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Done!
    Thanks Mike!

It's really becaue I moved the van first thing pre-coffee, straight of the leaba!!!. Herself was leaving for work, so I have to occupy the space outside the house.Then she can park in the drive when she gets back. Otherwise one of us ends up not being able to park outside our own house.

My estate is getting more and more liek a carpark every week. The rented house across the street has 6 cars and 2 spaces, and that's BEFORE the boyfriends / girlfriends visit at the weekends.

i've twice not been able to get out of my street at all ( it's a cul-de-sac) becuase two numptys had parked opposite each other, but MILES from the kerb, so the van couldn't fit between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Harsh... but you can add to the "patriot"'s injuries by scraping it off a few of the visiting boyfriends/girlfriends cars and making up some story about being attacked in a carpark by 4 or 5 lambos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sorry to hear that OD, so what is the van a veggie run hi-ace?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

happens to everyone!!

Advertisement