Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this 530i over priced?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The combination of colour and that spec makes me think that it's a UK import. Be sure to find out the UK history if you are going to persue this car. The reg is probably high for WW too, another hint that it's an import.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Wouldnt think so going by whats available (model/year) but this one sure is: http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=594690

20-21 might be a push but sure push away see what you can beat him/her down to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The combination of colour and that spec makes me think that it's a UK import. Be sure to find out the UK history if you are going to persue this car. The reg is probably high for WW too, another hint that it's an import.

6224 hardly high for wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Import in my mind from the UK is a good thing once you get all your checks done. I'd rather have a car after having done 50k miles on UK motorways/roads.

mine two, doubt that thats an import tho, not that it would matter to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cyrus wrote:
    6224 hardly high for wicklow?

Go onto http://www.cartell.ie and you'll see that the 01-WW only hits 6900. I imported a 2002 car in March last year and I've seen cars 2500 numbers after mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

In my opinion the car is way over priced. Its the pre-facelift model so you would be better looking out for a newer E39 (2002 on). You will pick up a well specced 530 in the UK for between 6 and 7 Stg and VRT would be around 5 euro.
    It may be a bit inconvenient to go to the UK, but you will get a much higher spec car and save a few thousand as well.

erm i think its a face lift, e39 was facelifted late 2000.

ive been looking at uk cars and its not possible to get a 530 with that spec for less than 8.5k with under 100,000 miles

they arent the old style wheels they are optional 18" ones which imo look much nicer than the stock 17" ones :)

when you said facelift i assumed you meant the angel eyes etc which the irish car has.

there is not mention of mileage on the ad you;ve shown, examples for that kinda price have done over 120,000 normally.

im not trying to argue or anything just trying to ascertain if the car ive posted is acceptable value, given the low mileage, and i appreciate your input :)

• Advertisement

The wheels on that car are 18" M Parallels, which first appeared on the previous model M5 (E34). Maybe I am biased as I prefer the newer M5 wheel or the E39 Sport wheel. Good luck with finding a suitbale car, its not always easy.

cool, i prefer those wheels over the 17" myself but i do like the m5s

i have seen the newer s/w you mentioned are there any other changes?

do you have an e39 sport yourself btw?

There are a few other minor cosmetic changes, nothing that the average person would really notice.
    I had a fair few E39s mostly 530D Sports but I had an M5. Currently in an E46 M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I sold a facelifted 01 530i earleir this year, without the M kit, but still nicely specced for 12,500.
    530d is what people want, not 530i

what mileage was on yours colm? sports kit adds a good bit of value.

some people want 530d, i dont tho

there was 62 on it. had most of the spec that one had, but admittedly not the big wheels or kit. I struggled to sell it, I don't think that car is worth anywhere close to what it's being advertised for.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

I saw that 530i for sale in Lamb and O'Connor a few months ago, so its been there for a while. Its a fantastic example and a great spec, it looks really clean too. My dad used to have an e39 530d Sport and it was a great car.

If your after a 530i Sport, you should consider an 02/03 Champagene Edition from the UK, they came with the sport pack, comms pack, 18" parellel spoke alloys and a nice wood trim.

Maybe they sell within the BMW network, but my experience of them and that of anyone else I know that's had them is that they sell for less than the equivelant 520i or 530d

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Great looking car!

I got my last car from them. Mine was a 7 year old BMW 530i V8. Got it for a bit more than half of what they advertised it for at the time :D

If your negotiating skills are up to scratch, you should get the 6 year old BMW 530i straight six for €14k-€15k

Old big engined petrol cars in Ireland = buyers market. Fantastic bargains to be had, even with premium high quality cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

unkel wrote:

I got my last car from them. ........... Got it for a bit more than half of what they advertised it for at the time :D

I know who i would like with me next time im changing...... :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    Great looking car!

I got my last car from them. Mine was a 7 year old BMW 530i V8. Got it for a bit more than half of what they advertised it for at the time :D

If your negotiating skills are up to scratch, you should get the 6 year old BMW 530i straight six for €14k-€15k

Old big engined petrol cars in Ireland = buyers market. Fantastic bargains to be had, even with premium high quality cars

jesus thats serious negotiating, i assume a cash sale? and how did you manage to secure a 40-50% discount :eek:

colm_mcm wrote:
    Maybe they sell within the BMW network, but my experience of them and that of anyone else I know that's had them is that they sell for less than the equivelant 520i or 530d

its a shame tho, only in ireland is it better to own a 520 instead of a 530 and a 318 instead of a 325/330.

and the tax differential isnt even that much, how did people get this way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I think thats very expensive, seen a 01 go last year for 16,500, at a local dealers. No mtec but had all the other toys inc leather.

very optimistic.

big difference in value of mtec and non mtec and mileage can vary prices wildely too. i dont think i could pay more than 18.5 for this one tho and im not sure if theyd go for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Cyrus wrote:
    its a shame tho, only in ireland is it better to own a 520 instead of a 530 and a 318 instead of a 325/330.

People seem to have this misconception that the tax difference is huge. When I bought my 325Ci, I was surprised at the number of people that mentioned car tax, its only €282 a year more than a 318...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The E39 was facelifted in September 2000. Noticable differences would include halo headlights front and rear bumpers were different also, they had no chrome fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cyrus wrote:

a 2.0 car is 539 to tax, and the 530 would be -about - 1100. I can't see how anyone could refer to that gap as 'not much'. That difference would insure that car, for me, for nearly two years.

Not to mention the fact the fact that the car will continue to depreciate like a stone, and, will slurp juice........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

galwaytt wrote:
    a 2.0 car is 539 to tax, and the 530 would be -about - 1100. I can't see how anyone could refer to that gap as 'not much'. That difference would insure that car, for me, for nearly two years.

And that's if they don't put an even bigger loading on > 3 litre engines. Would you get insurance on a 530 for less than 300 a year though? I'm jealous!

Cyrus, have you actually brought one for a spin yet? I drove a 525 a couple of weeks ago as I was thinking of changing from my e46 saloon, and I was a little disappointed. I think you would miss the handling of your coupe, especially given that you were looking at the likes of the RX8 etc. Granted the one I drove wasn't an M-Tec, so it may not have had the same suspension etc.

eoin_s wrote:
    And that's if they don't put an even bigger loading on > 3 litre engines. Would you get insurance on a 530 for less than 300 a year though? I'm jealous!

Cyrus, have you actually brought one for a spin yet? I drove a 525 a couple of weeks ago as I was thinking of changing from my e46 saloon, and I was a little disappointed. I think you would miss the handling of your coupe, especially given that you were looking at the likes of the RX8 etc. Granted the one I drove wasn't an M-Tec, so it may not have had the same suspension etc.

eoin, yeah ive driven an mtec 5 and its a different car to the std one to be fair tweaked suspension makes a big difference, feels pretty much like the e46 only bigger. im half afraid of an rx8, they are very tail happy and to be fair i like powerful cars but im not someone who likes to press on all the time on back roads esp if i dont know them, the 530 could be a more comfortable solution.

the look of this particular one has really grabbed me aswell

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote:

Not to mention the fact the fact that the car will continue to depreciate like a stone, and, will slurp juice........

proper 2 litre is 689, difference is just over 400 quid or 8 quid a week, like i said, irish people have a strange aversion to paying slightly more road tax :confused:

Advertisement