Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vento 7700 case, What motherboard?

Options
  • 29-04-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I got a new case during the week to start me off building my first pc.
    I was going to move my old pc into until I got to the power supply and its way to small.

My question is this, there are two rear 80mm fans and i can put in and optional 80mm in the front, will most new motherboards have connections for all these or will I have to look for a specific one?:D

Also theres a male and a female power connection coming from the front, anyone know what there for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Depends on the fans...

The fans will etiher have 3 pin connectors which will be directly connected to the new motherboard.(which will have several of these connectors)

Or they will have standard molex connectors and be connected directly to the power supply.

What are the connections on the fans in the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

3 pin connections for the mother board.
    Also the firewire, usb and audio connection coming from the front had a block connection and then seperate connections dangling from that. I take you can either connect the block or the separate connection depending on the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Hey man I got the same case there recently, reasonably happy with it but there are a couple of things that bugged my about it.
    On the Fans the two at the back are ok they have the 3 pin thing going on which is fine little noise from them. But the front fan just above the usb and firefire ports is a no no made the most noise next to the CD/DVD player (when spinning max speed), this fan's power needs to come from the PSU 12V supply directly so thats why its over loud I'd say. I got a NorthQ replacement that does the job quietly and more effectively. I'm gonna cut the power cable tonight and tape off the cables its annoying that they are integrated into the female Jacks.
    The other cables are for some LED's don't worry too much about it too much, it concerned me at the start as the manual does a **** job of telling you what your giving 12V to. But then I thought if there was going to be a blowup issue they would tell ya something, anyway connecting the correct power to it can't hurt it was my thinking.
    I got a m2n32 with the 2 rear fans, 2 NorthQ fans and a ASUS CPU cooler. I still have 2 spare fan ports, look up your MOBO for that one but it shouldn't be a major concern.

The standard setup is 3 pins for case fans and 3 or 4 for CPU fans depending on the specs, they usually come with an adapter for the 12V PSU supply aswell

Advertisement