Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony again...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

haha, the fecking eejits!:p

In fairness, this isn't going to hurt sales at all... there's no such thing as bad publicity, as Rockstar have already proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's pretty ****ing sick, but how is it morally any worse than serving any other kind of meat product at a party?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's pretty ****ing sick, but how is it morally any worse than serving any other kind of meat product at a party?

I'd love a steak at any party, but i'm not sure i want to have to see the carcass, or reach inside its dead corpse to pull out the best piece of meat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

We have been slaughtering animals for years, whats so new about this?

I really hate the general public :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heh this is pretty funny alright. Did they honsetly not think such a promotional tactic would get them in a wee bit of hot water?

But I admire Sony (for a change) for having such an odd sense of humour. Although I suspect the smile has been wiped from some poor PR guys face since...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

it looks as if recenrly in the past ohh i dunno year sony decided to go into a mental hospital and release the most crazyest fu*kers to sun the ps3 pr campaign

what next live rape?! and if so what game will it be for, and how can i get a copy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'd say its still better then their "this is living" campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Winters wrote:
    Yeah i know those feckin ads make no sense.But anyone see the blonde one out of that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Imagine what they will do when Manhunt 2 is released :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Doodee wrote:

lol

Best post ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

That chick would get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Nothing wrong with this.

I have to slaughter a goat before I can get an erection.

It's a serious medical problem.

Nothing wrong with this.

for you or the goat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Nothing wrong with this.

ROFL.

We should start a forum "Dead Goat Erectile Disfunction Forum" you can be mod.

Seriously though cheap marketing tactic pays off big time agan for Sony. The only reason they do this stuff is so some group gets outraged and the press print it and then someone posts it on a message board etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ph3n0m wrote:
    for you or the goat?
    I only use terminally ill goats.

Anything else would be inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"Sony does something non-PC. It's an outrage! Internet fury!!"

Slow news week again, I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Daily-Mirror-journalism at it's best. Let's turn everything into the biggest deal ever, OHMYGOD IT'S SUCH AN OUTRAGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Winters wrote:
    lol .. was thinking the same thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Doodee wrote:

There is a huge difference between killing something to eat it and killing something for sole purpose of getting publicity or as a centre piece at a party. One is killing to eat and the other is killing for entertainment.

brim4brim wrote:
    There is a huge difference between killing something to eat it and killing something for sole purpose of getting publicity or as a centre piece at a party. One is killing to eat and the other is killing for entertainment.

according to the article "The Sony spokesman said the animal had not been slaughtered for the event but had been bought from a local butcher by the Greek company hired to stage the event."

Would have it been any worse if they had images of roasted pigs, burgers etc?

Its amazing how people are so squimish to see the death of the animal, but dont consider it when its served to them on a plate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Its amazing how people are so squimish to see the death of the animal, but dont consider it when its served to them on a plate

couldn't agree more with this.

its ok if the meat that comes in plastic but if you have to see it being slaughtered then its just "animal cruelty" or "sick and wrong"

That attitdue really pisses me off, I have no time for anyone like that

uses his crystal ball to see the future of gaming

"New game from Sony announced - Slaughterhouse.

Where you work on the killing floor. Dont worry its not really a floor, more of a sluice so that blood, etc can be syphioned off. Deal with angry protesters who dont want to see the animals get killed, but can be paid off with pieces of processed meat - just as long as they dont see the dead animal before you shrink wrap it"

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Seems like a fairly interesting way to get publicity. Great game too............

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

brim4brim wrote:

Guests at the event were even invited to reach inside the goat's still-warm carcass to eat offal from its stomach.

The way I read it the goat was killed in a butchers before being brought to the event. Are people complaining that the carcass wasn't properly cut up and made to look innocuous and sterile enough to allow people to pretend it was never actually alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Where you work on the killing floor. Dont worry its not really a floor, more of a sluice so that blood, etc can be syphioned off.

Hi im Troy McClure, you may remember me from such educational videos as "Meat and You — Partners in Freedom.” :)

That episode was on last week

Advertisement