Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Qs - Can I buy O2 Upgrade phone, and give it away?

• 29-04-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm eligible for a gold upgrade on O2. I'm happy enough with my current phone, but would like to buy a new phone as a present for my Mum (she's speakeasy O2).
    Can I just buy an upgrade on my account, give her the new phone and keep my own?
    Will it affect my account or anything?
    Sorry - might be a silly question, but I don't want to get stung contractually anywhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭trant

Yes, this is possible. They have you signed up for a 12 month contract anyway so don't really care what you do with the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yep you can do that.it shouldnt be a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

lovely. Cheers folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

If you do give away your phone to your Mum (or anyone) make sure to ring O2 and tell them your back on your old phone and IMEI etc.. this will transfer your Insurance (if you have it) or if the phone is ever lost or stolen you can get it network barred..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Tell her to ring customer care Solitaryman666.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Yep they will give it over the phone.
    I got 2 unlock codes in the one phone call :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

JohnnieM wrote:
    If you do give away your phone to your Mum (or anyone) make sure to ring O2 and tell them your back on your old phone and IMEI etc.. this will transfer your Insurance (if you have it) or if the phone is ever lost or stolen you can get it network barred..

ah, good thinking!

Much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Just to say seeing as she's o2 as well you wont' actually need any unlocking codes. Should work just fine straight off.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring them up and tell them "the girl" told you to ring back tonight for the code. If they have it there they'll prob give it to you. If not they'll prob need to send off for it as they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Sometimes the networks don't actually have access to the unlock codes. I know Motorola/Sony Ericsson ones are generated outside the realms of the networs themselves. Well at least they used to be.

Advertisement