Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot won't open

Options
  • 29-04-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a Almera and the boot won't open. I can hear the central locking working. But it just won't open.The fob is the only way to open the boot. Please help can't get my clubs in car :mad: .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hit the lock mechanism area with something substantial but softish ie wrapped in newspaper/cloth.

Well it might work.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

If its just that the key fob isnt working and you are getting into your car using the key - in the 01 / 02 Almera onwards there is a button to unlock all the doors inside the car - that should work
    But if the key fob is opening the other doors but not the boot, the the lock is screwed - like Mike said, a swift boot, excuse the pun, might work! :p

Edit:
    Just re-read the post - if you can hear the central locking working - its probably screwed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

as said, give it a few smacks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Gently!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Doesn't it have an interior release leaver down at the side of the drivers seat? Or can you fold down the back seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Try a good dose of WD40 into the mechanism also.

Advertisement