Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAG - 1.4 turbo/122bhp/av. 48mpg

Options
  • 29-04-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Based on the existing 1.4 super/turbo yoke but without the supercharger. Looks good on paper (even good torque figures) and I have to say this type of efficency floats my boat more than overly complex/heavy hybrids.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/225423/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Mini Cooper does similar power and economy now. More torque in the VW, but no turbo lag in the mini.

Which hybrids have you driven, and what specifically didn't you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I think the 1.4 TSI is amazing.I test drove it last year and it had amazing power.I test drove the 170bhp DSG golf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

drdre wrote:
    I think the 1.4 TSI is amazing.I test drove it last year and it had amazing power.I test drove the 170bhp DSG golf.

Clarkson wasn't impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Because he drives higher powered cars.
    Its really the same as a normal golf just abit more power.Nothing amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

I remember that, but I guess he was comparing it to other 170bhp machines (with accompanying price), rather than how did it compare with the similiarly priced 1.6FSI with only 115bhp.

If the cost of the non supercharged version the op has flagged is a minimal premium over the standard 1.4 then it has to look like a winner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement