Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many times can you be exempt from VRT?

Options
  • 29-04-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I live in Belfast but am from Dublin.

I have a car here for more than 6 months so that means I am exempt from the VRT when I bring it back to Dublin.

How many times can I be exempt?

Someone told me 3 years? i.e. I can do it again in 3 years time providing I am living in Belfast again for more than 6 months.

Is this correct?

Secondly, anyone know any site that indicates what you have to show the VRT people in order to be exempt?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was under the impression that you must have owned the car abroada for 6 months and then must keep it here for a further 12 months to escape paying VRT.
    I wasn't aware that you couldn't sell the car and return abroad for 6 months and get another and keep it, etc..

Advertisement