Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on external hard drive

Options
  • 29-04-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I need to get an external hard drive as all my music etc is clogging up my computer. Was thinking about this one on Komplett http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=318905. Only query is whether something like this is compatible with all computer. Im only asking because i had another exernal hard drive which would work with my current computer and i dont want the same happening again. Currently i have a Dell dimension 5150c running on Xp SP2.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Should do. Why would the other one not work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

I'd say it's be fine too, I find I get the odd incompatibility issue with old sticks and my hard drive didn't work on certain usb ports in my mum's dell, odd but beside the point.
    Should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

BostonB wrote:
    Should do. Why would the other one not work?

No idea. Plugged it in and told me it had to be formatted so i click ok and leave it for the day. Come home after 6 hours nd its only half done. So i leave it over night and after a further 8 hours no progress what so ever.

Thanks for the help!

Ordered it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

nick23 wrote:
    No idea. Plugged it in and told me it had to be formatted so i click ok and leave it for the day. Come home after 6 hours nd its only half done. So i leave it over night and after a further 8 hours no progress what so ever.

Thanks for the help!

Ordered it today!

What did you do with it then?

Advertisement