Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSR wordcount

Options
  • 29-04-2007 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

I just counted my RSR for History and the word count comes in just under 1200(1150 or so) and I noticed that I wrote 1500 on the official booklet.
    Does this mean it will be discounted totally?
    The lack of definate Information is an absolute joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Naikon wrote:
    The lack of definate Information is an absolute joke.

I agree completely. It's ridiculous. So many teachers tell so many different things, especially with relation to the Review, and its impossible to know who is correct.
    Does your 1150 words include the review of the research process? Does your teacher know that it was that short? I'm not sure if they'll discount it completely, but they'll definitely know that it isn't 1500 and will quite possibly dock you marks for that. Then again, I'm no expert.
    And em, you do know it was supposed to be handed in last Friday, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Pfft.I wouldn't worry about it.I have bout 1750 words in my project (including review), and wrote down that I had 1624 on the front cover......which is more than the word limit already!!So you'll probably be better off than me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

word count isn't essential nor is the hand-in date. Don't worry about it too much but if you have the chance go through the project a couple of times and try and pare it down by rephrasing things to be more concise and economical with the words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Thanks everybody, the word count is Exactly 1180 and I already handed it in which is a pain considering I wont get it back like everyone else.

Advertisement