Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL again...

• 29-04-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just got NTL broadband in Dundrum and they also installed a netgear wireless router. Pretty new to this but my laptop drops the signal every 2 minutes - it still sees the signal on the "available wireless networks" but won't connect?? Having moved to Smart BB which I had for 2 years, I've had more problems in the first week with NTL that my whole time with Smart...
    Any recommendations about what to do - might just bite the bullet and cancel NTL now rather than go through the painful experience of chasing customer service...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Louise77 wrote:
    Just got NTL broadband in Dundrum and they also installed a netgear wireless router. Pretty new to this but my laptop drops the signal every 2 minutes - it still sees the signal on the "available wireless networks" but won't connect?? Having moved to Smart BB which I had for 2 years, I've had more problems in the first week with NTL that my whole time with Smart...
    Any recommendations about what to do - might just bite the bullet and cancel NTL now rather than go through the painful experience of chasing customer service...

Well you have to establish if the problem is between your laptop and the netgear or if there is an actuall broadband problem. Have you tried the laptop with an ethernet connection to see if the bb is ok?

Did you use the laptop wirelessly with Smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Louise77

Thanks for the reply,
    Yes, I used the laptop wirelessly with Smart and never had any problems. I'll try the ethernet connection to check if it's the wireless or the BB. Still don't understand though why under available wirless connection (with a full signal), it won't connect - it just sit's trying to connect then stops?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Make sure to turn off any wireless security on the Netgear - if only temporarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Wireless as it's almost certainly to do with your local wifi network and nothing to do with NTL.

Advertisement