Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100,000 members

Options
  • 29-04-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

...nearly.

It only seems like yesterday that we were talking about Boards having 75,000 members. (Okay, it was eight months ago).

As of 3:29pm, there are 99,246 registered accounts on Boards, with it growing at about 80 members a day:

m108.png
    [more detailed statistics here]

So Boards is 750 members short of the Big 100,000. I think it's fair to expect an increased number of newbies over the next few weeks now that the General Election has been called. So when will Boards get its one-hundred thousandth member? I'm putting my bets down for next Saturday.

Congrats to the admins on the growth.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

In fainess, I think this figure also includes banned accounts. I really don't believe there are 99,000+ active posters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not to mention a colossal number of idle accounts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

And those people who have multiple accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wouldn't it be more representative to talk about say accounts that have been active in the last 12 months? I know 100,000 is great PR but I find it a hard number to believe. According to the stats there are only a 1000 of us at any given time, with thousands and thousands just silently watching.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

And those people who have multiple accounts...

yes and the scammers who have a few different accounts.No way is it near 100,000 members.Its around 50-60k.Those figures arent accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So what about all the other sites who have 5,000 memebers all of them included the same banned, dual and spam accounts just as Boards.ie does - fact is Boards is huge and growing all the time. Thats worth celebrating and Boards.ie deserves alll the praise it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Meh, it was better when there where only 2000 members. Thems where the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

There should definitley be a prize for the 1,000,000 member.

What would be really commemerative would be to make their postcount start at 1,000,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah such a moment needs a stamp from An Post with DeV and Cloud in an artistic pose.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There was a young man from Nantucket...

Actually, we've never been particularly fetishistic about numbers per se, just the fact that its growing and its big. A much more important number is the Most Users Online as thats a true pulse of the site.
    I guess 100k is a bit of a milestone. We probably get 40k individual carbon beings visiting us in a 90 day period.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Croke Park could probably cater for a big group hug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

DeVore wrote:
    There was a young man from Nantucket...

Actually, we've never been particularly fetishistic about numbers per se, just the fact that its growing and its big. A much more important number is the Most Users Online as thats a true pulse of the site.
    I guess 100k is a bit of a milestone. We probably get 40k individual carbon beings visiting us in a 90 day period.

DeV.

When you click on boards.ie>change styles, the number of users with different styles comes to about 9.5k. Where does this number come from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

oleras wrote:
    When you click on boards.ie>change styles, the number of users with different styles comes to about 9.5k. Where does this number come from ?
    These are users who have specifically set their style, as opposed to people who are just using the default, as far as I know.
    You can add the balance of the userbase into the "Classic" category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If I am right, a few weeks ago boards.ie has 1600 users on at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

padser wrote:
    There should definitley be a prize for the 1,000,000 member.

What would be really commemerative would be to make their postcount start at 1,000,000

When do you reckon that would be? I agree, there should be a prize for the millionth member! ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I can see it now , an occasion that should be marked with the dignity it deserves....
    popcopyae4.jpg
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

LOL @ the popup.

Can one of the admins do up a sql query to tell us how many users have over 500 posts? How many users active over the last 3 months?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

5000 new threads per week
    45,000 new posts per week
    2500 users with over 500 posts

The majority of forum users are long time lurkers so the number of readers to the number of posters needs to be adjusted by probably a factor of at least 5. In our "users online" stat, we usually have twice as many logged out as logged in so even 5x would be conservative for readers:posters.

All the stats are heading north again since the new servers were brought online (not surprisingly).

DeV.

2500 users is a pretty solid community anyway! If you'd like to bamboozle us with more stats I'd be interested!

8.5M pages a month with just over 1M visits according to Google Analytics.

DeV.

• Advertisement

theres over 7000 users with more then 100 posts which is a more interesting number I think.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    theres over 7000 users with more then 100 posts which is a more interesting number I think.

DeV.
    Indeed it is. 7000 strong! :)

How many with over 10,000 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Boston wrote:
    How many with over 10,000 posts

lol, score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Did I read somewhere that its 5TB of trafic a month?

Also, hows social.ie coming along?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Victor nearly has 30, 000.
    Go on my son! More posts than users ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Blowfish wrote:
    Did I read somewhere that its 5TB of trafic a month?

Also, hows social.ie coming along?
    What's social.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What's social.ie?
    The next step in taking over the world ;)

link

that must have been where I read about the 5TB also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

As of right now it's at:
    Members: 99,897

Only 103 to go... my money is on Wednesday evening.

Advertisement