Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query about a Philips Flat LCD TV

• 29-04-2007 3:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So Ive been reading up about HD tv and got curious about a TV my parents bought a year or two ago. Its a Philips LCD FlatTv, but there is no model number on the TV or elsewhere. Im trying to figure out if its HD Ready (want to hook up a 360) - I looked at the back and there is a VGA connection, as well as the usual SCART connections. Does this mean that it has the capabilites of showing high def stuff?

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a simpleton, but have little knowledge about this kind of stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

i may be wrong but i think to get hd you either need a hdmi port or dvi input..you cant get it through scart but not so sure bout the vga..maybe it could display high res when using it as your pc monitor..but not sure..there has to be a model number somewere on it..keep looking :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

IgsTer wrote:
    i may be wrong but i think to get hd you either need a hdmi port or dvi input..you cant get it through scart but not so sure bout the vga..maybe it could display high res when using it as your pc monitor..but not sure..there has to be a model number somewere on it..keep looking :)

Ah the TV does indeed have DVI :) I think Ive figured it out now - just need to pick up a VGA cable for the 360. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

haha no probs.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

1080p over VGA is the highest quality signal the xbox 360 can send at the moment.

Get one of the Xbox 360 VGA Cables off ebay for <€10.

Advertisement