Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car to buy

Options
  • 29-04-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Planning on buying a new car hopefully this week. Can't decide which to buy, a 01 evo vii or a 01/02 sti.

Just looking for peoples different opinions on both cars, which is nicer, better car, costs of maintenance, etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I wont be much use on this one, as I dont know much about either, however, from a looks point of view the evo is considerably tastier looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Ditto, Mondeo is less reliable too. Evo has big turbo lag, so watch out! Mondeo is better handling, but the Evo is far superior in most other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

maoleary wrote:
    Mondeo is less reliable too... Mondeo is better handling..

I presume jammer84 is talking about an impreza sti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Saw a Top Gear repeat this week where Clarkson & Hammond agreed that they couldn't fault either car and couldn't give a logical reason to have one over the other. However, given the choice of the two to drive home in, they'd have the Scooby every time.
    For what its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Both cars have similar performance.

If your concerned about maintenance costs then maybe your looking at the wrong type of car. Both cars by nature will be heavy on juice and expensive to service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement