Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB help and advice

Options
  • 29-04-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

I recently got a credit report done on myself as i kept getting refused for a loan. I came up with a 2k written off balance from BOI.

Now this was under my old address, a loan i had gotten when i was 20, im now 26. But it only appeared on the icb 2 years ago so i have 3yrs left of it.

Now there are circumstances around this. Family issues and loans borrowed to pay medical bills for my father who got seriously ill years ago and was on life support for 7 months in a coma. he is left partially paralysed and has cognative issues now. I truely didnt just not pay it back, i honestly let it slip from my mind. My mom had to leave her job to look after him and i was left paying a lot of bills, we had to sell our house and move to clear loans. All letters about this debt were sent to my old address and not my new one, which ive been living in with my dad for 5 years.

Now this was totally down to my own stupidity, not looking to make any excuses for it in the slightest and although the money was written off im gonna ring BOI tomorrow ( i only found out on friday) and get a dd mandate set up to clear it.

What i wanna ask is, even though this money was written off, will they still allow me to pay it off. i dont want any money i owe just written off, and once its paid, can they remove that from the ICB or do i have to wait the 5 years? there are 3 years left on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I am not 100% sure but I think that even if you put a payment plan in place with your bank now this will still be recorded with credit bureau as a defaulted loan.

Fair play to you for wanting to put this right but I can't see it being much benefit to you in terms of your credit rating, if your conscious can live with it then you probably need the money more than BOI, their accounting process would already have written this off as bad debt so I'm sure they will be pleasantly surprised to hear from you if you do call them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pspdude

yeah i know its only like 2k, hardly a huge amount for BOI, but still, its money i owe, i should really pay it back, i mean i know my credit rating will be cleared in 3 years but id like to get it sorted either way

Advertisement