Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three charge extra €4.50 if not direct debit

• 29-04-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Is this right? I recently cancelled my direct debit with Three and choose to pay by Credit Card each month or by bank giro and I was informed by them that they will charge an extra €4.50 because the amount is not paid via direct debit. They said the charge is an admin fee? Is this even legal, I remember something about NTL doing the same but were put under pressure to remove this policy. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Can someone tell me if this is legal or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ye think it is legal but as far as i rememeber its being changed so they cant do it after the whole ntl thing on discrimination grounds of people who dont hav certain ways to pay. i know i wldnt pay 4.50 a month, im on 3 but pay DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I have heard that it is legal, you cant do much about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The Consumer Protection Act 2007 which is in force since a few weeks ago specifically outlaws this practice. If your bill was issued in May, demand a refund on the €4.50 as it's not legal to charge it.

If you have any argument from them, contact the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs helpline and have them explain it to them.

Office of The Director of Consumer Affairs:
    http://www.odca.ie/
    1890 220 229

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's what ?

I'm confused!

However you should definitely challenge them. They may simply not have updated their billing system to reflect the change in the law in Ireland.

Advertisement