Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being able to be arrested on campus?

Options
  • 29-04-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

One of my classmates told me last week that there is something in UL where the Gardaí can't arrest you (a student) on campus or something to that effect. Is there any truth to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Sounds like crap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Funkstard wrote:
    One of my classmates told me last week that there is something in UL where the Gardaí can't arrest you (a student) on campus or something to that effect. Is there any truth to this?

Not unless a part of the Campus is a Diplomatic mission.

Is UL defined as private property? The Gardaí aren't allowed in Trinity without permission, but in reality they aren't stopped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

haha, pure and utter crap! but it would seem so tbh with all the car theft and break ins goin on :p

thats like sayin if u stay in ur house, the gardai cant arrest you.....you should go on a killing spree and let me know how that works out for ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Myth wrote:
    Is UL defined as private property? The Gardaí aren't allowed in Trinity without permission, but in reality they aren't stopped :)

they are not allowed in trinity without permission because it is still considered english land or some bull**** like that......the dean of discipline has said numerous times that they have an open invitation

op i think thats pure crap.............i do notice that there seems to be a kind of amnesty about letting people away with certain things on a campus but as far as them not being aloud i htink you can safely assume they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sounds like a FIB to me :)

Although Id like to see a poor drunken mess of a student argue with Mr Cross Garda outside the Stables in the deep of the night about this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't say that, KT, it could be us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Don't say that, KT, it could be us!

Hardly you Mr. I-Don't-Get-Drunk. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

kaimera wrote:
    Hardly you Mr. I-Don't-Get-Drunk. :v:

But certainly you Mr. Get-Off-The-Bus-If-You're-Going-To-Be-Vomiting

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

They're Gardaí, not vampires, they don't have to be invited onto private property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Cardinal wrote:
    They're Gardaí, not vampires, they don't have to be invited onto private property.

do vampires??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

PeakOutput wrote:
    do vampires??

Slavic vampires dont, but the romanian ones do! The romanian ones are a lot more polite tbh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Nonsense I'd say. Did they catch those two stealing the plasma screens last semester on or off campus BTW?

PeakOutput wrote:
    they are not allowed in trinity without permission because it is still considered english land or some bull**** like that......the dean of discipline has said numerous times that they have an open invitation

Plus it's private property, as I mentioned! It's owned by el Provost and les Fellows and the foundation Scholars.

Advertisement