Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JAVA - Basic calculator

Options
  • 29-04-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi can anyone help me on this i have to do a basic calculator with Java that contain two integer fields and an array,results. It should be capable of adding 2 numbers, subtracting 2 numbers, dividing 2 numbers, and multiplying 2 numbers, and giving the remainder after division of the two integer numbers, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think you'd better read the rules on homework on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

I think you'd better read the rules on homework on this board.

i know aidan, but im not asking for someone to do this for me, just some help or tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

This is fairly basic stuff, you should at least be capable of starting it, come back when u get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I would suggest that Google might be your friend here. Tons of stuff out there, tutorials, code etc.

google it i know, sorry for sounding like a lazy b****** but ive about 4 hours left to do this any links?

• Advertisement

Swatwolf wrote:
    google it i know, sorry for sounding like a lazy b****** but ive about 4 hours left to do this any links?

If you copy and paste someone elses code you will get caught out, lecturers are not blind, they know if you've written the code yourself. Besides, this should take you about 30mins to code, give it a try ;o.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

give a dog a bone tbh, we ain't here just to do it for you.

give us what you've done so far, even if it's your main method with a couple of variables relating to the problem, at least it will show you have the slightest idea what you are doing.

If you copy and paste someone elses code you will get caught out, lecturers are not blind, they know if you've written the code yourself. Besides, this should take you about 30mins to code, give it a try ;o.

ill give it ago and post it in a bit, but be warned im hopeless lol, ive only had today to start learning it

Swatwolf wrote:
    ill give it ago and post it in a bit, but be warned im hopeless lol, ive only had today to start learning it

To start learning what? Java? Lol, doubt this would be your first assignment if you had just started studying the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Look up getText() for input fields, Integer.parseInt() and modulus division % and actionperformed for submit boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Locked.
    I honestly don't think anyone here can help you unless they actually write the code for you. Normally I would ban you in this situation but you've enough on your plate as it is.

Read this and then try again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement