Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford v Kilkenny

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

What about calling Henry Shefflin a paedophile! I heard that on Sunday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Surely from the mouth of a mindless idiot. People like that shouldn't be allowed out full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It was a line in some chant that about 15 guys were singing over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

tonc76 wrote:
    Just because it happens in all sports doesn't make it right. Think about it....picture yourself booing someone because they are not playing for the team that you support.... Do you not look stoopid????

U played for 20 yaers and u were never booed obviously there was an echo at the matches , Do u honestly think that Booing is bad for christ sake ... I support my own i dont care about how hard the opposition train , If i can shake them up before throw in Ill Show my discontent ...This is sport this is passion .. I disagree with u 100% i will applaud when a player from an opposition does something special .. But i will mae sure they Know that our support out numbers theres from the Start

Nightwish wrote:

No thats just Crazy :confused: He is a pure gentleman and probably the best player of the decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

...had stuff thrown at car. Lisduggan shopping centre is especially bad...

No offence to the (mainly) good people of Lisduggan, but don't you see the connection? Lisduggan shopping centre unfortunately acts as a magnet for every skanger within a two-mile radius! My uncle worked there in the past and he spent half his time throwing scumbags out.

once again a waterford thread morphs into a hate Kilkenny thread surprise surprise eh.:rolleyes:

I dont think the thread is a hate Kilkenny Thread , They are by far the best team in the country Bar Cork .. But as a Waterford Man u have to understand we are waiting a long time for a bit of silverware and to beat kilkenny makes it even sweeter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

wow this threads kinda gone out of hand since i last checked it!

I can understand what you're saying about Waterford people seeing Kilkenny people as "arch enemies". Im one of them. Due to Waterfords population and geographical placing a bit of rivalery with them is bound to happen. But, without taking this the wrong way, i see no problem with booing at matches, regardless of the opposition. If mindless abuse follows booing then yes i'd have a problem. But hurling matches are highly charged occasions, easily more tense, nerve wracking and exciting than any rugby or soccer match. Those players have dealed with stuff alot worse than booing.

I read a book about hurling goalkeepers during the 2004 Championship season and it really put light on what goalkeepers go throught during a match. To be honest, it didnt make Waterford fans out to be so great either after abuse to Davy Fitz in the Waterford Clare match.

So all im saying is, if you're not happy with booing I think you are being a bit too sensitive. Abusing players individually is a different matter

decies wrote:
    A friend of mine was given out too for using bad language at a hurling match one time.
    Keep the liitle ones at home if their easily offended!!!!!!!!

I agree with tonc76... GAA sports have always been a very clean, respectful affair, with plenty of kids enjoying the atmosphere. It's the one thing that makes them so much better than soccer for the spectators.

Bad language isn't the worst thing in the world, sure enough; I'm not exactly impressed with your suggestion that people "keep the little ones at home" though. What next? Leave the women at home? The oul' lads too? Do we only want gangs of 20- and 30-something males attending GAA matches? That was the way with soccer in England for many years and it ruined it for everyone. It took a lot of effort by the FA to improve things to the (reasonable) standard they're at now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Nightwish wrote:

Delightful :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Sully wrote:
    Had a feeling someone would take umbrege to that.

I think Kilkenny are an excellent team when it comes to Hurling, and hard to beat.

Waterford were the better team in that match, as I said, and deserved to win that match without a doubt.

Waterford is a good team. Kilkenny is a good team. However, they are that bit better and harded to beat. Its pretty factual in fairness.

It wasnt "luck" or "fluke" that we won. It was because we were the better team today by far, and im supprised that Kilkenny played as poor as they did. I expected a tougher more action packed match, but, Waterford still deserved to win that. They were by far the better team.
    but what im trying to say is kilkenny didnt play poor they played well, sheflin got 12 points. we only beat them by 2 points they dont come much tougher than that, there was only a puck of a ball in it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

U played for 20 yaers and u were never booed obviously there was an echo at the matches , Do u honestly think that Booing is bad for christ sake ... I support my own i dont care about how hard the opposition train , If i can shake them up before throw in Ill Show my discontent ...This is sport this is passion .. I disagree with u 100% i will applaud when a player from an opposition does something special .. But i will mae sure they Know that our support out numbers theres from the Start

The point I was making is that having played the game, which I still do, I have a respect for the players and what they have to go through in order to wear their county jersey. I also said that the majority of the boo brigade that I have witnessed have never taken up a hurl or kicked a ball for a club. As a matter of interest have you ever played for a club and what size crowds did u play in front of:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

tonc, the players do what they do because they can, and they want to. MAny people can't or don't want to. But they do want to support their team. They'll pay big money, and they'll stand in the rain on a pissy league night, and they deserve respect too.

Booing, in moderation, is part of the banter that goes on at GAA and other sports games. Seriously, relax.

tonc76 wrote:
    what size crowds did u play in front of:confused:

WTF has that got to do with anything?

fade2black wrote:
    tonc, the players do what they do because they can, and they want to. MAny people can't or don't want to. But they do want to support their team. They'll pay big money, and they'll stand in the rain on a pissy league night, and they deserve respect too.

Booing, in moderation, is part of the banter that goes on at GAA and other sports games. Seriously, relax.

I’m completely relaxed and am only expressing my opinion as have many others.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonc76
    what size crowds did u play in front of

Mossy Monk wrote:
    WTF has that got to do with anything?

This was referring to this:
    U played for 20 yaers and u were never booed obviously there was an echo at the matches

Make sense now??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

It still doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BIG-SLICK-POKER
    U played for 20 yaers and u were never booed obviously there was an echo at the matches

To explain: So I was never booed and there was an echo at the matches – this insinuates that there was nobody at the matches that I played which is why I asked what size crowds did he play in front of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hopcroft

In reply to Mossy Monk, examples of loutish behaviour are: booing the opposition players, showing disrespect during the playing of the national anthem, making noise during a minutes silence for a man who worked ceaselessly for the Gaa, hurling vile abuse at players.
    I think that the real hurling supporters in Waterford must be appalled at the carry on of the gurriers that follow Waterford. For example People who have spent so much time training under age teams and have had so little to show for their effort down the years. I suspect that real Waterford heroes such as Tom Cheasty and Martin Og Morissey would be disgusted at some of the views advanced by some posters on this forum. I didn't think anyone who could read and write could defend booing. You show passion by shouting for your team and willing them on not by abusing the other team. It seems that Waterford have too many people who would be more at home at Anfield or Old Trafford than at Semple Stadium or Croke Park. One of the jewels of Ireland has been the sportsmanship and fairness displayed at Gaa matches where foreigners are astonished that supporters can mingle freely and dont have to duck pigs heads thrown by rival supporters.
    I know many Kilkenny supporters who go to matches to enjoy the skill, athleticism and courage displayed by hurlers of both sides not just to shout on their own team. When defeated they accept it and instead of moaning prefer to analyse the match and see how the result might be reversed the next time. I thought that the majority of Waterford supporters had the same healthy attitude. Now I'm not so sure. These people like to label themselves the best supporters in Ireland. Yet when Waterford has been defeated they turn nasty and slander and ridicule their own players.
    The strange thing is that the vast majority of Kilkenny supporters ,like most of the rest of Ireland ,are pleased for Waterford and glad to see them have their moments of glory. But that may change as I now begin to see why so many Cork fans label Waterford fans as knackers.

hopcroft wrote:
    But that may change as I now begin to see why so many Cork fans label Waterford fans as knackers.

Whats the difference between a cork man and Batman? Batman can go out without Robin :D

So u are calling me a kancker then i go to every single Waterford Match both Soccer and Hurling i show my emotions to the opposition the ref and who ever else i feel like at each and every game , I am proud to be from Waterford and proud to support my County and i shall keep supporting them the way i have always done ..

Seriously this is a crazy thread to say u cannot boo at a match , Have u experienced a Football match Champions league fianl without Booing .Any Hurling game i have been to has been the same , The last Munster final was no different..

It is harmless to the point in Hurling that u are booing in a safe enviroment .. E.G In Thurles we all sat together Waterford Supporters and Kilkenny Supporters and they were both at it .. Great to see it ...After the game the kilkenny men who were around us shouting booing fcking and blinding the same as us saw our passion for the game the same as theres and came over and shook our hands .. That is what it is about

What is the difference for instance if a Kilkenny player Burys a Waterford player in A challenge are we to say shhh we are not allow booo because it is wrong ... No we dont we show our passion and pride for our fellow county men and shout and roar the team on ....

hopcroft wrote:
    showing disrespect during the playing of the national anthem, making noise during a minutes silence for a man who worked ceaselessly for the Gaa, hurling vile abuse at players.

I agree witha all of your other points ... Just not the of Booing the oppositon

• Advertisement

hopcroft wrote:
    booing the opposition players
    Every county has people who do this
    showing disrespect during the playing of the national anthem
    Can't say I have noticed anyone from any county disrespecting the national anthem. People either sing or stay quiet for it.
    making noise during a minutes silence for a man who worked ceaselessly for the Gaa
    Never have I witnessed disrespect for any minutes silence at any GAA match I attended.
    hurling vile abuse at players.
    Hardly exclusive to Waterford.

You sound like someone who has a chip on your shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Never have I witnessed disrespect for any minutes silence at any GAA match I attended.

Sorry mossy, but i never heard anything as bad as the shouting and jeering in the terrace during that minutes silence

hopcroft wrote:
    ...making noise during a minutes silence for a man who worked ceaselessly for the Gaa...

I heard that too, from a section of the Waterford support down at the goal end (the one that wasn't empty).

I was so ashamed. Millwall supporters would have more respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

fricatus wrote:
    I heard that too, from a section of the Waterford support down at the goal end (the one that wasn't empty).

I was so ashamed. Millwall supporters would have more respect.

Yep, definitely noise came from Waterford supporters in the terrace end during the minutes silence. ****!:mad: :mad:

deise59 wrote:
    Sorry mossy, but i never heard anything as bad as the shouting and jeering in the terrace during that minutes silence

Apologies, I don't go to terraces. Can only comment on what goes on around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

We rove through Mooncoin in my A Silver car which was seen on the news goin around the roundabout in Waterford , We saw no problems there

I do remember though a few Years ago drivin back from Croker after a horrible semi final Defeat to The Cats in the all Ireland Semi , We came through Mullnivat and came across a group of ****s Hurlin abuse and fingers up at passing cars , Of course i wanted to get the better of this so down came the flags and we circled back with a Dublin Reg .. back around we went as i got the lads to buy 2 2litre bottles of water in the shop , i had two empty paint buckets in the boot so we filled them up , Back window down and passenger window down as we approched i pulled in all innocent to the group who were still at it as we slowly approached , I pulled up to them and the Boys ****ed the two buckets of Water all over them , We just felt so fckin good after this , All our Depressing journey back had just been forgotten as we left the wet Cats in the Distance ....

Just taught i would share this one :D:D:D:D:D

Your as bad as they are.

Junior wrote:
    Your as bad as they are.

It was only a prank with Water .... ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Re: the noise during the minute's silence, i was in the terraces myself, all that happened was near the end of the minute someone shouted out something and some ppl laughed. it wasn't like there was a load of ppl shouting or jeering.

Re: the noise during the minute's silence, i was in the terraces myself, all that happened was near the end of the minute someone shouted out something and some ppl laughed. it wasn't like there was a load of ppl shouting or jeering.

I agree there was nothing coming from the stand

Advertisement