Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REACH Project and PPSN Use

Options
  • 29-04-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Not sure I have this in the right forum, but this seemed to me to suit it the best, If ya know were it would be better placed please enlighten lill' ole me.

I just wanted to initiate discussion and find other peoples views on the Government services interaction with each otherin regard to data sharing, maybe via PPSN and REACH.
    Do people feel it could lead to a national identity number/card, would it be good/bad, should it have been done already or that it is happenening way too slowly to be useful, does anybody have info on inerdepartment data policies etc.

the reason I ask is the other day I was filling out my med card application form and realised that every government form I fill out basically comes from and goes to the government (as a whole) and yet we keep submitting the same info, just to different departments, over and over again. all of these forms have the PPSN on and yet the HSE asks for P60 etc from us which we get sent to us from the revenue, so basically they send us paper info and we send it back!!

Another example would be the need to declare SSIA's for tax purposes - Surely the government should know who they just paid millions of euro to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

wolf99 wrote:
    yet the HSE asks for P60 etc from us which we get sent to us from the revenue, so basically they send us paper info and we send it back!!
    P60 is issued by your employer, not Revenue.

Information sharing between departments is hindered by law, by Chinese walls and also by incompatible computer systems.

Advertisement