Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell - Breach of Sale of Goods Act?

Options
  • 29-04-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

My brother got a Dell Insipiron laptop for Christmas. Dell were part of the Microsoft Vista uprade program and they promised an upgrade to Vista Home Premium, so we bought the laptop then rather than waiting until Vista was released in Jan.

I signed up for the dellvistaupgrade on the 23/01/07. I have still not recieved the upgrade from Dell

Would this not be a breach of contract under the Sale of Goods Act? If so what remedies would I have against Dell, 3 months is too long to be expected to wait for an upgrade disk which was part of the original contact of supply of the laptop.

I know that there are other threads about this, but Dell blaming their outsourced supplier isn't good enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Did they give a time estimate in the original contract or sale details?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

BostonB wrote:
    Did they give a time estimate in the original contract or sale details?

And how long did the contract say it would take ?

Also ,why in the name of all that is holy would you want to rush to upgrade to vista !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

There's a thread on this in the windows forum. They are currently saying they'll have them all sent out by the end of may.
    They did give a date they would send them by before I think...march?
    Don't think anyone has got theirs yet.

edit - link to other thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055065180

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

jahalpin wrote:
    My brother got a Dell Insipiron laptop for Christmas. Dell were part of the Microsoft Vista uprade program and they promised an upgrade to Vista Home Premium, so we bought the laptop then rather than waiting until Vista was released in Jan.

I signed up for the dellvistaupgrade on the 23/01/07. I have still not recieved the upgrade from Dell

Would this not be a breach of contract under the Sale of Goods Act? If so what remedies would I have against Dell, 3 months is too long to be expected to wait for an upgrade disk which was part of the original contact of supply of the laptop.

I know that there are other threads about this, but Dell blaming their outsourced supplier isn't good enough

lol Vista Home Premium :P this is a free offer most of the ****e being shipped is home basic aint worth crap really.

I might as well point out its a microsoft upgrade program and was run as a free option for sometime before vista was released maybe you should have waited.

outsourced supplier for these disks = microsoft ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Think of how many units are ordered every single day. Then think of the backlog that an offer like this would create?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

and the logistics of sending a CD to each person after a certain period of time is much more? They seem to manage OK with their advertising leaflets, each personally addressed ;)

Advertisement