Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone's pathetic pay as you go service

• 29-04-2007 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

So for the third time in a month their top up service is down. At first it said I couldn't top up due to "technical difficulites" now I get this message. " Due to the number of sales attendants required to enter the correct go-card number you cannot use this service" What sales attendents? WTF does that mean? So then they say if you require further assistance to contact their customer service on call save 1850 208787 which ISN'T FREE!! How the **** can I call it with no credit? Enough is enough. I'm switching to Meteor. Vodafone are just complete idiots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

NickyOD wrote:
    So for the third time in a month their top up service is down. At first it said I couldn't top up due to "technical difficulites" now I get this message. " Due to the number of sales attendants required to enter the correct go-card number you cannot use this service" What sales attendents? WTF does that mean? So then they say if you require further assistance to contact their customer service on call save 1850 208787 which ISN'T FREE!! How the **** can I call it with no credit? Enough is enough. I'm switching to Meteor. Vodafone are just complete idiots.

Just switch to o2 and you will be fine.Meteor i think is as worse as vodafone.Or just get a vodafone bill phone so you dont need credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I have never had any problems with O2, although their coverage is no where near as good as Vodafones, i dont care what they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"contact their customer service on call save 1850 208787 which ISN'T FREE!!"

I've always found this funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think you're mishearing that announcement:

"Due to the number of FAILED ATTEMPTS to enter a correct go card number you cannot use this service"
    Not sales attendants.

If you enter a go card number incorrectly 3 times, your top up service is locked for 24 hours. The same applies on other networks too it's to prevent people from trying random voucher numbers and hacking the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

ciaranfo wrote:
    "contact their customer service on call save 1850 208787 which ISN'T FREE!!"

I've always found this funny :D

Your topup code not working? Call us on 1850... oh wait, you don't have any credit so you won't reach anybody. Oh well, we didn't think of that. :D

3 attempts does sound like very little, I have to say. I know I've often entered passwords incorrectly a few times, but got it right the fifth or sixth time. You'd think they'd give you at least 6 attempts before blocking your account for 24 hours without a way of reaching customer service from your phone (assuming you're out of credit, that is). Not everyone has a landline they can use in such a case, and it could get very inconvenient if you are travelling and need to use your phone, yet you have to wait 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thinking about it now, Vodafone would prob argue that you should use the IOU service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

ehh, ever try the IOU service ? lol. 2 euro free, and deducted when you next topup.

JNive wrote:
    ehh, ever try the IOU service ? lol. 2 euro free, and deducted when you next topup.

What if you need to make more than 4 minutes of calls? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Not remembering a password and not being able to type in a 12 odd digit number from a piece of paper in front of you are two very different things.

cast_iron wrote:
    Not remembering a password and not being able to type in a 12 odd digit number from a piece of paper in front of you are two very different things.

Obviously both happen. I've never had a problem typing in a top up code myself, never even needed to try a second time. That being said, I can understand somebody might require 4 or 5 attempts to type in a 12-digit code, especially if they're having a bad day!

• Advertisement

Speaking of passwords, it annoys me that vBulletin, a popular forum package that drives sites like Boards, only lets ye get 5 attempts. I've required more than 5 attempts on a number of occasions, and each time had to wait around for hours until I could try again, because vBulletin cuts you off after trying 5 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the really ironic thing is that when you're abroad you can get through to voda customer care for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Solair wrote:
    I think you're mishearing that announcement:

"Due to the number of FAILED ATTEMPTS to enter a correct go card number you cannot use this service"
    Not sales attendants.

If you enter a go card number incorrectly 3 times, your top up service is locked for 24 hours. The same applies on other networks too it's to prevent people from trying random voucher numbers and hacking the system

Ahh, you're right, but I wasn't entering the number wrong. The service was unavailable but even if you still attempt it 3 times you cannot use the service once it comes back online. So then I called customer care from another number. The gave me the credit but only half of what i paid for. I call them back and ask them where the rest of my credit is and they don't know and tell me to just wait and maybe it will appear. Wonderful.

Advertisement