Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uneven Breasts

• 29-04-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm 36 years old, my husband was feeling my breasts the other day and told m that one of them is bigger than the other. I then examined them and he's right, one of them is bigger, he told me that breasts go through changes due to hormones, etc and it's nothing to worry about.

Before i got married I wore a 32B Bra during pregnancy i went up to a 34C then to a 34B my current size so I'm quite small chested which will make it more noticeable that their uneven I was just wondering would wearing a pushup bra make it less noticelabe when wearing a low top, going braless is out of the question.

Also I think there sagging when i was a 32B the nipples were further up on the breast now their down near the bottom, my husband says it just because their heavier now i was in the swimming pool the other day and I noticed that other women have much bigger breasts than me yet their nipples are in the centre.

My husband thinks i'm being vein, I would not consider surgery i'm not that upset about it, he says its just a fact of life, I'm just 5' so it would be more noticeable on me especially in tight clothes any suggestions, i do wear a good support bra and i'm not on the pill.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

Most women have one breast slightly bigger than the other, its nothing to worry about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

While your husband is correct that breasts change size due to hormonal influence any significant change should be brought to the attention of your GP to rule out a medical reason (and to offer you peace of mind)
    And it's in no way vain to monitor changes to your body, it's the best preventative method against illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You should probably get a breast check just to rule anything out ... but to be honest, nobody's will be the exact same size.

You could wear one chicken fillet in your bra to even things out if you feel its that obvious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

If you didn't even notice it yourself until your husband mentioned it, then it's hardly that obvious. As others said, it's common to have a little difference between them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Glowing wrote:
    You could wear one chicken fillet in your bra to even things out if you feel its that obvious?

Cooked of course ;) !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Actually, just rereading ... your husband thinks you're being vein, yet opted to point out the problem to you in the first place, (even though he thought it was nothing to worry about)? Is he TRYING to make you feel self concious?

Men!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Glowing wrote:
    Actually, just rereading ... your husband thinks you're being vein, yet opted to point out the problem to you in the first place, (even though he thought it was nothing to worry about)? Is he TRYING to make you feel self concious?

Men!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Nah, OP, it's perfectly normal. Most women have one breast bigger than the other. I always have, but I doubt anyone's ever noticed it but me. You'd want to be paying really close attention to notice something like that. In fact, I was discussing it with my best friend before and hers are the same, she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

Faith wrote:
    Nah, OP, it's perfectly normal. Most women have one breast bigger than the other. I always have, but I doubt anyone's ever noticed it but me. You'd want to be paying really close attention to notice something like that. In fact, I was discussing it with my best friend before and hers are the same, she said.

Thanks for the replies, the hubbie is a doctor i gor the all clear from him.

Yes my husband would notice if i grew an extra hair on my nipple!!

Seriously i could not wear chicken fillets in a bikini, going topless is outof the question i'd be too embarraced with droopy uneven boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lough_Swan

I'm a booby girl and uneven boobs so what every girl is except those who have had surgery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hi OP,

I have an E cup and I very much doubt that my boobs are the same size. If you are feeling self concious in a bikini your best bet is to invest an extra few euros in a good supportive bikini for your cup size (check out www.figleaves.ie). They hold everything where they should be and don't show if your nipples are on the way south etc. For anyone wthat needs some added support the Dunnes Stores and Pennys swimsuits and bikinis just don't have it.

Advertisement